The objective of this position is to is to support and supervise protection – Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and Child Protection (CP) focused on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, deliver training on developmental problems and disorders of children and adolescents, to elaborate tools, protocols and best practices, to carry out assessments, surveys, supervision sessions to health, mental health and education professionals, conduct research, to participate of the humanitarian system and develop networking based on MdM-S methodology.
- Adapt existing tools, lead and implement assessment sessions for needs detection, key informant interviews, focus group discussions with professionals and key community members, mapping resources, through accurate receipt of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Organize and implement capacity building activities on protection, gender-based violence and child protection, focused on mental health and psychosocial support.
- Design pedagogic tools and tailored training on Protection, GBV, child protection and inclusion for people with disabilities focused on Mental Health and Psychosocial topics for health, mental health and education professionals, including partner and civil society staff members.
- Design tools and implement case management and supervision sessions with trained on GBV, child protection and inclusion topics field professionals.
- Design, elaborate and adapt protocols based on updated knowledge on protection.
- Identify best practices, lessons learnt, limitations and recommendations for the future.
- Support in the development of research.
- Contribute in the design communication materials and support technically advocacy actions.
- Support in the elaboration of Standard Operative Procedures, e.g. the protection component within the child MHPSS referral system.
- Implement and contribute to develop quality assurance measures and tools.
- Support on GBV/child protection/inclusion and MHPSS programming and drawing up new ideas for project proposals.
- Contribute to the elaboration of project proposals.
- Assist in the analysis of the data collected and reports both quantitatively and qualitatively.
-Contribute to elaborate monthly situation reports and mid-term donor reports.
- Continuously assess monitor and evaluate projects’ needs.
- Contribute to the preparation of projects activities and annual budgets.
- Elaboration of internal and externals (donors, cluster, governmental institutions) reports.
- Participate in project technical justification.
- Implementation and regularly update of the project intervention database(s).
- When requested, participate in relevant platforms/networks/clusters focused on protection theme.
- Contributes to establish and maintain collaborative relationships within Social Development and Mental Health System and with other key partners and organizations, including services providers.
- Coordination with staff from other MdM chapters, INGOs, NGOs and CBOs.
- Collect information to support advocacy activities that follow the advocacy line of the organization.
- Perform additional duties on request of the MHPSS Manager, Field Manager, Program Coordinator, MHPSS Coordinator and General Coordinator.
- Ensure that all relevant technical and project documentation is shared and accessible in English language.
- Represent MdM-S in networks/clusters focused on GBV/Protection theme upon request.
- To attend MdM-S team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To prepare, if necessary, contingency plans with the MdM-S team.
- To elaborate articles about the MdM interventions
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic / Professional background:
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or equivalent
- Proved knowledge of current GBV and Child Protection principles and practices in (post) conflict areas
- Master degree in Counselling or equivalent is an asset
- Training on pedagogic methodologies or communication skills are assets
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in the relevant field is required.
- Previous working experience with local NGOs or INGO in similar position, preferably in protection projects and/or community intervention.
- Experience in developing and conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and previous participation in beneficiary selection processes, and case management.
- Experience in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) programs.
- Experience in collaborating with staff from MoH, MoEHE, MoSD and civil society organizations.
- Previous experience in community engagement and participatory approaches.
- Good knowledge of Protection issues
- Excellent Communication skills
- Previous experience providing trainings or facilitating staff capacity building activities and supervision sessions.
- Ability to cope with difficult security context.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM target groups.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Task independency but also open to receive feedback and technical support.
- Ability to identify strengths/weaknesses, proposing solutions for the improvement of the services provided.
- Ability to provide trainings. Familiarity with creative methodologies will be considered.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Resilient, empathetic and with affective responsibility.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic.
Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 63,060 ILS to 72,191 ILS gross / year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.