Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries' number over 30,000 individuals from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit www.caritasjr.org.
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a qualified candidate for the following position for Caritas Health Center-Gaza:
Position Title: Social Worker
Position Type: Full time
Contract Period: 8 months contract, with the possibility of extension(s)
Location: Gaza- Caritas Health Center
Starting date: ASAP
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contact patients to follow up on the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
- Keep records, statistics, and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Provide the First Individual Assessment of the patient’s needs.
- Perform initial assessment of the stressors, signs of mental health problems, GBV, substance misuse, social risk factors.
- Be aware of the medical situation/status of the patients.
- Organize and implement the referral pathways and follow up of the patients to the external actors according to their social needs.
- Facilitate the interaction between patients and other medical staff when it is needed.
- Provide follow-up assessment and social support for the pain management patients, patients within ortho- and osteomyelitis clinics.
- Monthly provide the analysis of the activities.
- Provide comprehensive and clear documentation of the activity.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, social science, or any other related field.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular, Word and Excel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Passionate in the job flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team with respect and impartiality.
- At least 2 years of experience.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected], and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by April the 22nd 2021 no later than 04:00 pm, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.