Job Title Social Worker
Country & Base of posting Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territory
Report to WeWorld – GVC Gaza Head of Base
Project name: Adolescents and Youth (AYs) for GREEN: Gaza Resilient Economy and Environment
Duration 12 months (3 months’ probation + 9 months), renewable
WeWorld-GVC (WW-GVC) is an Italian independent organization born from the merge between GVC NGO (founded in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld Foundation (founded in Milan in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of their development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 27 countries with 160 projects, reaching over 7 million direct beneficiaries, WW-GVC has been working continuously in Palestine since 1992, acting both in humanitarian aid and development to provide Palestinian communities access to basic services and available natural resources; strengthen their protection and enhancing socio-economic and local development. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
We World GVC focuses strategically on these main sectors:
- Local Development and Governance
- Integrate Water Resource Management
- LRRD: Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development
- Integrated Protection
Gender mainstream, special attention to vulnerable categories, community-based approach and good governance are cross-cutting issues included in all We World GVC interventions.
WW-GVC is one of the implementing partners for the project titled " Adolescents and Youth (AYs) for GREEN: Gaza Resilient Economy and Environment’’’, funded by European Commission, which is implemented by Save the Children Italia Onlus (as project lead) with its affiliated entity Save the Children International oPt Country Office (SC), in partnership with the co-applicants WeWorld-GVC (WW-GVC), International Links and Services for local Development Agencies (ILS–LEDA) and Save Youth Future (SYFS).
In this Project, WW-GVC will implement the Community Protection Approach (CPA), which is a community engagement and empowerment instrument to design and monitor Integrated Protection Programs and provide operational tools to facilitate coherence, collaboration, and complementarity between different foreign and national aid instruments in order to find sustainable solutions to a given population’s needs and problems.
WeWorld-GVC is recruiting a Social Worker who will work in coordination with the CPA Team and the Project Coordinator of “Adolescents and Youth (AYs) for GREEN: Gaza Resilient Economy and Environment” project and the technical guidance of the CPA Officer. He/she will report to Project Coordinator and will be technically accountable to the CPA Officer. The CPA is a community engagement and empowerment instrument to design and monitor Integrated Protection Programs and provide operational tools to facilitate coherence, collaboration, and complementarity between different foreign and national aid instruments in order to find sustainable solutions to a given population’s needs and problems
Tasks and Responsibilities
He/she will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the social technical aspects of activities related to CPA data collection on the ground and community empowerment process are carried out with high quality, under the technical guidance of the CPA Officer and the Data Analyst.
- Ensuring that the conduction of the quantitative and qualitative data collection steps related to CPA in combination with the RESCO methodology are carried out in full respect of CPA standards and principles, as technically planned by the CPA Officer and the Data Analyst.
- Responsible that beneficiaries’ selection criteria, including for Age, Gender, and Diversity (AGD) groups’ engagement, are in place and met throughout the implementation of the CPA activities.
- Ensuring that the project resources are engaged in a timely manner and implementation moves forward according to the technical, logistical, and financial plans, and that eventual issues are promptly resolved.
- The Social Worker will be responsible of specific assigned locations under “Adolescents and Youth (AYs) for GREEN: Gaza Resilient Economy and Environment” project.
- Providing technical assistance to the CPA Officer and Data Analyst for the contextualization, design, implementation, and reporting of the steps, components, and activities related to the CPA implementation in Gaza.
- Conducting each CPA step as planned and recommended in coordination with the CPA Officer and the Data Analyst.
- Ensuring that AGD groups are fully engaged in the whole CPA and community empowerment process in full respect of “do no harm” and protection principles, as planned and coordinated with the CPA Officer.
- Ensuring the CPA data collection process and community empowerment are respectively conducted and designed taking into consideration the power dynamics and specific features of each community.
- Ensuring that the data collected in the field through CPA, including community narratives, are properly input, analysed, and stored on the CPA Platform, as recommended by the Data Analyst and Data Analyst.
- Designing and constantly updating the Protection Response Plans and other CPA outputs, such as the Protection Community Profiles, based on the suggested solutions by the communities themselves, the international humanitarian standards, as well as the cultural standards of appropriateness, by guaranteeing a proper balance between responsive, remedial, and environment-building actions tailored to the situation of each community.
- Actively engaging local authorities and stakeholders in the accountability process triggered by CPA, in parallel to the community empowerment process planned to be developed within each community.
- Following up the implementation of the awareness sessions and capacity building activities in the assigned communities with the different target groups.
- Participating in the data analysis and documents development in terms lessons learnt, best practices, and other specific outputs, as requested by the Project Coordinator and/or CPA Officer.
- Managing fully the projects assigned budgets for all the activities in terms of committed, spent, and balances, in close coordination with related finance staff.
- Collecting and preparing all payments invoices from the suppliers/beneficiaries with all needed documents with initial signatures and deliver them to the finance department to proceed in payments.
- Report to the Project Coordinator, CPA Officer, and or Data Analyst any problem might arise in the implementation of the CPA activities, in combination with the RESCO methodology.
Management and admin responsibilities:
- Managing all data entry related to communities’ information using the agreed upon methodology using the tablets and in coordination with the Data Analyst.
- Collecting and elaborating photographic documentation on activity/location/date/target groups, as requested by the Project Coordinator, and following the procedures elaborated by the Communication and Advocacy Officer.
- Communicating effectively with the Project Coordinator, the CPA team members, and other relevant staff of WeWorld-GVC, by sharing information and discussing relevant concerns.
- Assisting in the coordination of visits and meetings at the field level in coordination with the relevant staff.
- Actively participating in staff meetings and other ad-hoc meetings or workshops as requested by the Project Coordinator, CPA Officer, Head of Base, and Sector Coordinators.
- Ensuring that all necessary logistics and administrative issues are completed based on WeWorld-GVC procedures and policies.
- Ensuring submission of reports in a timely manner, according to WeWorld-GVC existing reporting procedures.
- Planning, elaborating, and ensuring proper analysis of data collected, under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and the Data Analyst/CPA Officer.
- Maintain up-to-date information on community situations, reporting to the relevant staff.
- Assessing other INGOs and local stakeholders’ interventions to avoid overlapping.
- Assist WeWorld-GVC staff in any other tasks and duties required, requested, and approved by the Project coordinator and/or the CPA Team.
- Deliver high quality results in line with WeWorld-GVC strategy to do this in a way which maintains the reputation of the organization into all coordination and other working groups.
- Comply with WeWorld-GVC policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other relevant tasks/missions within reason that might be assigned by the Project coordinator and/or the National CPA Specialist.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- University degree in social work, social science, sociology, anthropology, or similar subject
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Palestinian context
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- At least 2 years of previous experience in the humanitarian sector and community mobilization.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills (with local authorities and communities).
- Flexible and with the ability to adjust to changes and new requirements.
- Willingness to learn and to travel.
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and cover urgent requirements.
- Passionate in the job flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in team with respect and impartiality.
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics.
- Integrity with regards to NGO values and ethical standards.
- Cultural, gender, religion, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Experience is data collection is an asset.
- Previous experience in Gaza will be strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in community empowerment and/or participatory approaches will be strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience with international NGOs is an asset.
- Previous experience in development and economic resilience projects is an asset.
[email protected] no later than 6th March 2021