The National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR) was established in 1990 as a non-profit Non-Governmental society working toward the rights of Persons with Disabilities through different strategies (rights, advocacy, and community empowerment). NSR adopts Community Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) which is implemented in 25 geographical locations in the Gaza strip which covers four governorates of Gaza, Middle Area, Khan Younis, and Rafah. NSR has a wide range of networks with many community levels as well as government ministries and UNRWA departments. NSR is one of the main players in disability and rehabilitation movement and a member in all clusters and bodies related to the Gaza strip and Palestinian Non-Governmental NGOs (PNGO).
Within a partnership agreement with Handicap International, runs projects under its operating name “Humanity & Inclusion” was developed in order to implement the project entitled “Addressing urgent injury care and rehabilitation needs of the causalities of border clashes (March of Return) in the Gaza Strip”, funded by Global Affairs Canada (GaC). The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical disabilities due to injuries as a result of the March of Return demonstrations through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
The National Society for Rehabilitation is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of (2) Social Worker (SW)
Duty Station/ Location: ’Middle area & Khan Younis Governorate.
Duration: 3 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st March, 2019
Under the supervision of The National Society for Rehabilitation project coordinator, the Social Worker (SW) will work in The National Society for Rehabilitation in order to support project database and conduct awareness community sessions with beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders, and fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor the implementation plan for the assigned tasks.
- Conduct awareness session to PwDs/PwIs’ beneficiaries as per requested.
- Map the existing resources in the community (services, funds, programs, human resources) that could be activated / mobilized to support clients and their families’ increased access to needed services.
- Lead and follow each beneficiaries’ files including all assessment tools and reports.
- Perform all project data entry work for each beneficiaries’ information on the project database.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary team members to ensure data registered and collected on time.
- Coordinate with the project coordinator regarding database registration and analysis.
- Ability to produce compiled reports and share it on weekly basis with respect to the deadlines.
- Manages the security and archiving of data under his/her responsibility.
- Ensures confidential data is protected in accordance with established rules.
- Reports any data quality issues to project coordinator.
- Ensures ethical principles related to M&E are respected.
- Inform and follow with the project coordinator on any mistakes or data discrepancy, and ensure corrections took place.
- Participate in the technical trainings that Hl will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with beneficiaries of project services.
- Perform any other necessary duties as per requested by the project coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum university degree in Sociology or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably working with PwIs and PwDs.
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent networking and coordination skills
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Advanced Computer Skills especially on Excel
- Excellent teamwork skills and spirit.
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] no later than Thursday 21 February, 2019.
Please include the job title as Social Worker in the subject line of your application e-mail.
The National Society for Rehabilitation and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.