Job Title Social worker
Country & Base of posting Tubas. Occupied Palestinian territory
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To work closely with other staff members, partners and other relevant stakeholders for activities implementation, such as assessments/studies, trainings, scheduling and leading meetings, workshops, focus groups, etc.
- Day-by-day follow up and coaching (including technical assistance) to target groups.
- Support the Management in the coordination of Actions, following up on the application of the correct procedures in the implementation of projects activities.
- Coordinate the preparation and execution of coordination meetings, following work & monitoring plans, collecting the requested documents for projects’ evaluations and audits
- To organize and conduct field surveys and assessments, and support social work both at field and office levels.
- To document methods, good practices, experiences and results from the targeted communities and partners.
- If requested, to provide inputs on project information and documentation (including stories, photos, articles, etc.) to GVC Communications Officer.
- To provide constant support to beneficiaries, including communication with stakeholders, documentation, data entry/modifications, completing social study reports.
- To conduct individual/family interviews to recommend interventions and to address the needs using the generalist approach of social work.
- To closely work with Protection officers and staff members on data collection, analyses and production of documents related to projects.
- To identify, evaluate and make recommendations concerning communities’ needs on the bases of Development and/or Emergency interventions.
- To establish and maintain working relationship, in his/her area with allied resources, public institutions and any other related stakeholders, at the operational level.
- To participate in workshops, meetings intended to weather operational requirement or to improve professional knowledge and skills relevant to his/her field of work.
- To submit regular activities work plans and reports in consultation with the Field Coordinator and the Area Manager.
- Comply with GVC policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- To perform any other additional duty on request of his/her supervisor
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A degree from an accredited university in the field of Social Science, or any related field;
- Further, business administration and English Language certified capacities are preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of social work, social interaction, media campaigning, youth and community participation.
- Excellent organizational skills and prioritization of tasks.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (both spoken and written).
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to structure his/her own work independently, respecting deadlines and meeting quality requirements.
- Ability to cope with stress; flexibility and problem solving.
- Skills in writing needed documentation, including minutes of meeting and short activity reports..
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy including use of Microsoft suite and web browsing.
- Valid driving license, obtained since more than 2 years will be preferred
- Willingness to learn and apply new methodologies and to work in a team.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV with references in English no later than 12 Feb 2019 to:
Email - [email protected]