The social worker role is focusing on being the reference for the social, recreational and educational activities for children in the department. The social worker is expected to work with the multi-disciplinary team and create supportive social, recreational and educational opportunities for children and families in the department. The social worker role aims to coordinate, mentor and support department volunteering CBO's and NGOs
The social worker expected to conduct the following deliverables:
- Keep track of children admissions data
- Complete psychosocial assessment for all children, document it and file it appropriately
- Orient the family and child to the department, related policies, own room, and other facilities
- Keep track for handing in and getting back the IPADs and Pajamas for children upon admission and discharge.
- Join daily morning rounds with medical staff and update related plans accordingly
- Follow up with department tutors regarding the tutoring plans for each child and progress achieved.
- Communicate with families if there is a problem in understanding the child's illness and treatment plan and facilitate communication with the treating team accordingly.
- Review the children and families social work plans and the daily schedule of volunteers, children new admission with the department manager.
- Meet with the head nurse to discuss any problems with children families or volunteers and communicate with the department manager for managing the issues
- Meet with the head of department doctor to identify any needs with communication or required children and families support.
- Open and close the playroom on daily basis at identified times and make sure that all users including children, family, tutors, and volunteers are following the rules
- Guide the volunteers on proper access to the department, policies and ensure proper volunteering plan, goals and duration.
- Setting up a social work plan for children, document the follow-up sessions and referral for other services.
- Setting up a family social work plan and document the follow-up sessions.
- Mapping the other services that might be needed during admission and upon discharge for children and families in coordination with other service providers
- Set up a monitoring and evaluation plan for social work, tutoring and volunteering objectives as guided by the department manager.
- Keep children birthday calendar and helps them celebrating it in the department
- Set up a reporting system for social work, tutoring and volunteering activities on weekly basis.
- Keep track of any official communication with other service providers such as NGOs,etc.. and communicate it with the department manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Interested Candidates from Gaza are welcome to send their CV’s on:
no later than Jan 27, 2019