MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
SOCIAL WORKER in WEST BANK
Job Title: Social Worker
Job Location: Jericho – West Bank
Contract Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Starting Date: ASAP
Deadline: November 27th, 2018
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
The purpose of MdM-S is to provide access to health care services, assist in the health needs of the most vulnerable population, denounce the violations of human rights, promote social mobilization and advocate for social and political changes, with a human rights based approach and mainstreaming gender perspective.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been mainly focused on Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), Primary Healthcare and Advocacy. In the West Bank, MdM-S is directly providing psychosocial protection to Bedouin communities in Area C and E1, and promoting community based resilience activities. In collaboration with local partners MdM facilitates access to primary healthcare and improves the capacity of primary education staff to integrate psychosocial and psychoeducational interventions in the schools, promote positive discipline and cope with stressful events.
The objective of this position is to implement psychosocial activities in the target communities and sociocultural interventions in schools of Jericho Governorate and East Jerusalem, following MdM-S methodology.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
West Bank, The position will be based in Jericho City, with frequent visits to E1 Area and Jordan Valley communities and Schools in the Jericho Governorate. Eventually the candidate would need to attend coordination meetings in Ramallah.
The selected candidate will be part of the MHPSS technical team, reporting to the Psychosocial Coordinator and the Project Manager. Methodological guidance and quality assurance will be provided by the Mental Health Advisor.
Psychosocial and Psychoeducataional interventions
- Carry out the implementation and follow up of psychosocial interventions, specially in Bedouin communities with outreach approach, case management model and community base engagement, following MdM-S methodology, in coordination with the Psychologist and under the supervision of Psychosocial Coordinator. (40%).
- Link with other local organizations and authorities for the referral and management of cases. (10%)
- Design and implement community based resilience activities, and sociocultural activities in schools, in coordination with the Psychologist and under the supervision of Psychosocial Coordinator. (10%).
- Participate and contribute to the relevant humanitarian coordination systems (clusters). (5%)
- Ensure proper application of standards, protocols and procedures, including data collection and analysis. Follow and fulfill all reporting requirements by the Psychosocial Coordinator/Mental Health Advisor/PM. Promptly report any deviation or risk detected. (10%).
- Participate in the definition of MdM strategy in the country, the design and justification of projects, and the update of MHPSS protocols and tools. (5%)
- Support capacity building of partners and co-workers in his/her area of expertise. Develop training materials when needed. (10%)
- Actively contribute to advocacy activities of MdM in relation to his/her area of expertise. (5%).
- Contribute to the knowledge management of the organization in oPt, and in particular in terms of logistics, studies and reports, and potential local partners. (5%).
- Any other tasks requested by the the PM, Psychosocial Coordinator, Mental Health Advisor or Genco, in her/his area of expertise.
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the target population and partners.
- To contribute to the achievement of the MdM-S policy in terms of equity, gender equality and protection of the human rights.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Show a positive attitude and motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedbacks and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To comply with MdM-S Code of Conduct and report any breach of it.
- Bachelor degree in Social Work required.
- Gender studies are an asset.
- Training on MHPSS in (post) conflict environment, Human Rights and/or Protection are assets.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in the relevant field is required.
- The following experience are assets:
1. Working with local NGOs or INGO in similar position
2. Experience / knowledge in MHPSS outreach, case management and community engagement.
3. Experience in design and provision of trainings and capacity building activities.
- Driving license required.
- Ability to cope with hard context. Stress management.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM target groups.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page cover letter in English to [email protected] before November 27th, 2018 indicating in the subject: Social Worker.
Applications not fulfilling guidelines and requirements will be dismissed.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, and age or gender reason.