تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع / غزه عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Project Management Unit in Gaza invites experienced & qualified Palestinian to apply for the following position in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
Social Safeguards Specialist
Water Security Development - Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Project Phase I (AWP-Phase 1)
The proposed project is part of a coordinated international effort to address chronic poor water quality in Gaza and the significant increase in domestic demand expected in the medium term, which is projected to reach around 145 MCM a year by 2030. PWA, in partnership with the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), the Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) and the World Bank, formulated the Gaza Central Desalination Program (GCDP). The GCDP covers all Gaza and comprises two main components: (i) construction of a desalination plant with initial capacity to produce 55 MCM a year of desalinated water that can be doubled in the future; and (ii) construction of a north-south water carrier, including storage reservoirs to convey and properly blend the desalinated water with groundwater sources to achieve water supply meeting WHO guidelines for potable water. The latter component is referred to as “Associated Works.”
The Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) for the benefit of the has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water Security Development - Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Project Phase I (AWP-Phase 1), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for supporting the Project implementation and management capacity of the implementing institution (PWA).
The PWA is considering the recruitment of a qualified Social Safeguards Specialist who will contribute to the successful implementation of the project on all project aspects.
- Component 1: Improved Supply of Bulk Water to the southern and middle governorates of Gaza
- Component 2: Capacity Building and Performance Improvement of Selected Institutions
- Component 3: Project Management and Implementation Support
- Lead and coordinate the PWA/PMU relevant team’s efforts in providing advice, building capacity, and advancing the development of safeguards policies.
Work with PWA/PMU team to ensure that appropriate resources and capacity are deployed to effectively cover the safeguards policies of projects in preparation and implementation.
Major responsibilities and tasks are detailed below:
- Ensure compliance with World Bank’s social safeguards policies and procedure during project’s implementation.
- Lead the monitoring of safeguards policy compliance during implementation and prepare the periodic social monitoring reports pertaining to the project ;
- Assist in implementing Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) considering various types of activities under the Projects implemented by PMU;
- Support the PWA/PMU team in assessment, development and implementation of Resettlement Action Plans (RAP) as required by ESMF;
- Follow up and supervise to implement gender actions plan and ensure gender targets and indicators of project achieved on timely manner;
- Ensure access of diverse individuals and groups (i.e., women, disaster victims, endangered ethnic groups, vulnerable communities and indigenous people) to potable water supply at the end of the Project;
- Coordinate with Monitoring Unit for database management and support to all PWA/PMU to prepare database on mini-grid beneficiaries, grievance redress mechanism and other project components;
- Support the social screening and categorization process for the subprojects developed;
- Review ESIA and ESMPs Reports submitted by the different consultants, ensure adequacy and quality as per approved ToR, and the World Bank Social Safeguards policies and guidelines;
- As required, review the consultancy assignment ToRs as well as bid documents of subprojects and ensure that necessary social mitigation measures including that for labor influx management are incorporated in the respective civil works contract documents;
- Provide support to PWA/PMU in preparing the ESIA (as per WB requirement) for each particular subproject. Conduct consultative meetings with relevant stakeholders to discuss site specific social issues of sub-project and get feedbacks from the participants to address it in a systematic manner;
- Support to prepare the Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) and its handling procedures, channels based up on ESMF and prepare GRM database in order to ensure that all registered complains are addressed properly;
- Support the PWA/PMU in the implementation of Multiple Stakeholders Engagement Plan (MSEP), to ensure meaningful consultations with various project stakeholders, including project affected people, on project activities, mitigation measures, GRM and other project components;
- Support PWA/PMU to maintain good community relations and address community concerns as they arise.
- Ensure that all grievances are well documented and support the complaint’s staff in providing GRM periodic and on time reports.
- Periodically carryout field visits and conduct monitoring of social development activities and provide timely advise where required;
- Prepare report (monthly, quarterly, field monitoring) on the safeguard risks with appropriate actions to be taken for all sub projects and ensure that timely actions are taken;
- Work in close collaboration with Environment and M&E Experts in PIU for implementation of requirements outlined in the ESMF;
- Advice in the best practice of monitoring and reporting on the social and environmental impact of the project;
- Document the good practices in the project on incorporation and integration of environmental and social issues into engineering design in collaboration with the Environmental Officer.
- Any other tasks assigned by Senior Experts and Project Manager to support the project with respect to the social safeguard issues;
Capacity Building & Knowledge Sharing
- Lead, identify, assess, and monitor overall capacity building needs on social safeguards;
- Prepare annual plan for social safeguard training/orientation, and train/ orient the staff involved on the application of social and Grievance Redress Mechanism in line with World Bank Policies. Support in the coordination of training activities to ensure the principles and procedures for ESMF are well understood and being followed;
- Contribute significantly to activities for gender, advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building relating to safeguard policies.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Candidates should have a master degree in Social Science (Sociology, Rural development and any other related discipline). At least 5 (Five) years’ experience in the field of Water sector and professional experience at least 2 (Tow) years in gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) and Social Safeguard. The candidate should also have:
- Proven experience in implementing international social safeguards policies/standards (World Bank);
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (both spoken and written);
- Ability to build capacity and train various stakeholders
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with the social dynamics in Palestine;
- Ability to work well with Government officials and community personnel;
- Strong and demonstrated capacity for organization, management with excellent reporting and coordination skills;
- Knowledge of specific gender issues in renewable energy and sensitivity to local culture and traditions in Palestine.
- Strong leadership, technical competence and professional skills for timely implementation, coordination and management of activities;
- Ability to work in a team, develop synergies and establish effective working relations with various stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, resourcefulness, initiative, tact and ability to cope with any situation;
- good working knowledge in the operations of multilateral development organizations and executing agencies;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback.
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive work environment. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year Extendable as demand necessity, on a full-time basis. The expected start date for the position is 01st of May 2021.
The CV’s and the supporting documents should be sent before 05 /04/2021 to the email address below:
For more clarification, please do not hesitate in contacting us during working hours (8:00 am-15:00pm).
Tel: 08 2644071