Cesvi Palestine is seeking for energetic and experienced candidates for a position of social mobilizer in the implementation of “Towards Social Inclusion in Community Development by Providing Platforms for Planning and Advocacy” project.
Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and environment through the implementation of projects in the field in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster.
The implemented activities are mainly: construction of water purification systems, sewage networks, roads rehabilitation, drainage systems, latrines, cisterns, septic tanks and water pipes. Management and construction of a municipal solid waste system and implementation of hygiene awareness campaigns.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorate of Tulkarem, Hebron, and East Jerusalem and in Shufat Refugee Camp in consortium with local and international partners.
The project “Towards Social Inclusion in Community Development by Providing Platforms for Planning and Advocacy” funded by EU aims at empowering the Palestinian communities and civil society in EJ to claim their rights and their political and developmental space.
This project aims at the achievement of the following results:
- Primary and Secondary Data Collection and Harmonization:
- 3D Visualization, Geographic Analysis and Crowdsourcing System
- Development of East Jerusalem Community Profiles (11 communities)
Main tasks and duties:
- He/she will be responsible to mobilize target communities for their involvement in project activities ensuring their roles will contribute in the overall goal achievement of the project;
- He/she will keep close coordination with project manager for mobilization and facilitation at community level;
- He/she will arrange meetings with community for sharing project activates;
- He/she will be responsible for data collection and management in coordination with Cesvi project team and experts during the implementation and assessments/researches;
- He/she will keep close coordination with local authorities, community and community leaders;
- He/she will arrange and lead the training sessions and workshops with local communities and national and international organizations.
- He/she will prepare and submit monthly reports to the Project Manager;
- He/she will coordinate with Cesvi staff and participation to required meetings/trainings.
- He/she will support the work of the consultant for the development of the crowdsourcing system and other activities.
- He/she will receive trainings by experts from partner organizations on the use of GPS/QGIS/ArcGIS in order to strengthen knowledge and capacities;
- Facilitate meetings and provide translation services for documents in English, Arabic and Hebrew, and translation during meetings with the communities, local CBOs and other stakeholders;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least 3 years’ experience in community mobilization/data collection and WaSH Interventions.
- Abel to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate in using computer applications, including data statistical word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Ability to work autonomously. Proactive and takes initiative
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in working with community centers and local authorities.
- Experience in facilitating meetings and interactive trainings and workshops
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Good level of IT skills (Windows, Office package, use of tablets for data collection)
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Knowledge of Hebrew language is an asset
- Knowledge of QGIS/ArcGIS and the use of GPS is an asset
The assignment is a full-time post expected to start in August 2019.
Subject to satisfactory performance, the period of employment may be extended. Please note that it is a project-based post and does not imply continued employment with Cesvi after the end of the contract period.
All applications should be accompanied by a Cover Letter and a CV in English and contact details of two reference person. Applications without Cover Letter and clear reference to this specific announcement will not be considered.
The selection process consists of written test, interview and references check.
Submit your CV, Cover Letter and References to:
with indication of the position reference in the subject line (02-2019-SM-MEPSE0029)