Background of REFORM:
The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development – REFORM is a Palestinian NGO that works in the field of empowerment and local development, seeking to promote inclusion and social solidarity in Palestine through empowering marginalized hard- to-reach groups. REFORM aims to enhance the social and political participation of these groups and community activism, to facilitate equal access to public utilities through strengthening the capabilities of young and women, and to provide a reliable database for the political and administrative decision makers in Palestine.
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate cinema/book club and cultural activities to discuss issues related to local communities, such as gender-based violence, gender equality, human rights, jurisdiction, access and more.
- Prepare the sessions’ agendas in cooperation with the project’s staff.
- Submit a report about the session.
- Write a news article describing the outcomes of each activity.
- Help and guide the participants in using the community centers as a safe space to implement their initiatives.
- Contribute to the preparation of projects operational plans.
- Manage the logistical framework and activities of the projects.
- Follow-up and networking with civil society organizations and officials in the target areas.
- Engage in designing innovative capacity building processes in coordination with trainers and facilitators.
- Writing news articles about the projects activities and maintain the flow of information to the Palestinian general public.
- Maintain proper and transparent financial procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Gender, Journalism, Political Sciences, Human Rights, Development Studies, or any related field in Social Sciences).
- Proven experience in facilitation and managing dialogue sessions.
- At least three years of experience in facilitating socially related topics.
- Knowledge of the conditions of the different refugee camps.
- Reading enthusiast and well informed.
- Strong Knowledge of the Palestinian social and political context.
- Ability to analyze and connect films/books/sessions to the Palestinian reality.
- Ability to lead general policy meetings.
- Ability to analyze social issues in relation to theoretical and practical practices.
- Ability to coordinate with the project’s staff and beneficiaries.
- Advanced communication skills and ability to lead the working group.
- Experience in Social Transformation is a plus.
- REFORM will select and contract with three social mobilizers out of the total number of candidates.
- The duty station will be in Refugee camps in one of the following locations: Nablus, Ramallah, Tubas, Bethlehem, Hebron and East Jerusalem.
- A lumpsum payment will be divided on four payments through the years of the project.
Qualified candidates should send the following:
- An updated CV including three professional references.
- A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position.
To the following email addresses: [email protected].ps
Deadline for submitting applications is: Sunday, June 16th 2019.
Please indicate the position title as "Social Mobilizer" in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CVs with photos or any other distinctive signs will not be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered
REFORM is an equal opportunity employer.