Palestine Productions is seeking a talented and dynamic Video Editor to bring our client's visions to life in short form videos. The Video Editor will play a crucial role in a team of creators and will be tasked with creating engaging and informative social media video content across various online platforms.
We are looking for someone familiar and engaged with the news world and who has an understanding of Palestinian politics, culture, history, and current events. The candidate should be a skilled editor who can turn around videos quickly and work in a fast-paced environment.
The Video Editor reports directly to the Producer and will collaborate closely with the Script-Writer and Production Coordinator.
The position is remote and part-time.
Days per month: 15
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Edit a minimum of four videos a week for various social media platforms per week.
- Edit videos in a timely manner while ensuring brand and tone consistency for various clients and different content styles.
- Edit videos according to scripts written in the English language
- Turn newsworthy clips into quick social media videos
- Create graphics and subtitles for videos.
- Procure archival footage and b-roll from the internet while ensuring all external footage is properly sourced.
- Collaborate with the scriptwriter and producer on video ideas.
- Procure royalty-free music, sound effects, and graphics to enhance videos.
- Contribute to pitch meetings with new ideas for video content and styles.
- Communicate with the Palestine Productions team and clients on changes and edits to video drafts.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends and the best video editing and storytelling practices.
- Export multiple versions of videos for various social media platforms.
- Strong technical editing skills and proficiency with Adobe Premiere and/or Davinci Resolve.
- Strong understanding of Palestinian politics, culture, history, and current events.
- Strong understanding of platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and Youtube, the technical requirements for such platforms, and knowledge of the style of content that works well on each platform.
- Knowledge of trust-worthy news websites and social media accounts and the ability to source verifiable video content from the internet.
- Demonstrable experience turning scripts and concepts into published videos and a track record of consistency and follow-through.
- Sticking to a brief and working on tight deadlines is essential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to take and implement constructive feedback.
- A strong eye for detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems related to video editing and exports.
- Proficiency in English and strong knowledge of the Palestinian dialect of Arabic.
- Must be in the Eastern European time zone.
Other desirable skills
- Knowledge of Hebrew is a plus
- Based in Palestine
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Experience with motion graphics, animation, and/or visual special effects is a plus
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and examples of work to [email protected]
Examples of work can include links to social media content you have created, an online portfolio, a Google Drive folder with content, or a PDF of relevant work.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
About Palestine Productions
Palestine Productions is a production company based in Bethlehem, Palestine, committed to telling unique Palestinian stories. Our team offers video production services for clients in the news and film industries both locally and internationally. Our services include everything from creating content for websites and news organizations, to producing fiction and documentary films in Palestine.
For more information, visit our website: https://palestineproductions.com