SOS Children’s Villages take action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine in partnership with Islamic Relief Worldwide seeks to recruit a Social Field Worker based at SOS Children’s Village Programme Rafah.
Location: SOS Children’s Village Programme Rafah
Position: Social Field Worker
The Social Field Worker will take part in the day-to-day implementation of the sponsorship program monitored by Islamic Relief Palestine. S/he will be responsible to assess the children/family situation and support the family development planning (FDP) process. Through regular family visits, s/he will support families to ensure children's essential needs are met as the goal of this position is to ensure quality care for orphaned children.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Undertake the social investigation of each individual child and ensure that all related information is collected properly through reliable sources.
- Screen admission cases as per the organization admission criteria
- Follow-up issuing official papers for the admitted child in the sponsorship program
- Conduct field visits to the candidates in the program.
- Update information concerning any changes in the status of the biological families
- provide and supervise all other relevant materials and reports as reasonably requested by IRPAL and within the agreed timeframe
- keep a copy of reports and documents; retain files and records for safe keeping
- Support the provision of services to beneficiaries and their families
- Assist with the initial assessment of potential beneficiaries, as required
- Establish and regularly review family development plans with each family to ensure children's essential survival and developmental needs are met
- Fill questionnaires and forms on child development plans, progress field visits or reports
- Degree in social science, psychology, or related field
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in the field of social work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently
- proven reporting and communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by 31st December, 2018
Stating in the subject line: Social Worker
Only short listed candidates will be contacted