Title (m/f/x) - Workplace
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel Palestine is seeking to recruit a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of National Skills Development Fund Expert. This person will be a member of the project team of “Skilled Young Palestine – Improving Resilience and Job Opportunities for Youth” and will be working at the Enabel office in Ramallah. The project period is 4 years (started in January 2020), the period of assignment is 3 years.
The Skills Development Fund Expert ensures adequate implementation of activities related to skills development fund in all its aspects (funding, coordination with actors, advocacy, learning etc.).
(S)he works with the Skills Development Experts to ensure excellent service delivery to the intervention under the supervision of the Intervention Manager.
- Contribute to the implementation of the intervention by providing input for planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities related to the set-up, the roll-out and monitoring of the Skills Development Fund:
- Determine technical specifications when preparing procurement documents
- Identify additional technical expertise required for implementing the activities
- Contact and establish relations with all interesting or needed stakeholders
- Provide and coordinate the necessary technical input to achieve the results (colleagues, national partners, national and international consultants, etc.)
- Permanently update information so that it is available to the M&E systems and that the performance of the programme/intervention can be measured
- Update the factual data (evidence) to be fed into de decision-making process
- Put in place genuine learning dynamics through permanent monitoring of activities fostering short learning loops
- Develop/complete the databases in order to allow for digital and up-to-date management of information
- Provide for mechanisms and methods allowing for correct scientific monitoring of achievements
- Remain informed of recent interesting evolutions in the specific area of expertise
- Participate to scientific and technical forums in that specific area
- Carry out required prospecting to remain innovative and creative in achieving the expected change
- Provide structured and comprehensible feedback to all team members
- Produce, depending on the needs, the necessary strategy and technical papers with and for the partner
- Participate to the strategy dialogue at the sector and technical level
- Ensure the dialogue with national and international institutions and organisations
- Coordinate the activities and ensure their execution, in compliance with set arrangements and procedures in order to achieve the intervention objectives:
- Support to governance structure and engaging with key employers and stakeholders
- Contribute to the strategic direction and development of the Skills Development Fund
- Promote Skills Development Fund within the Government, training providers, the media etc.
- Quality assurance of the work of the Skills Development Fund
- Efficient use of resources of the Fund
- Monitor the activities linked to the Skills Development Fund and regularly report on the state of progress
- Be the primary contact person for the stakeholders of the intervention for the Skills Development Fund
- Build Capacities of partners entities to contribute to the improvement of their organisation, their processes and systems and of their staff’s competences:
- Assess the maturity of management of partner entities in terms of management of the Skills Development Fund
- Advise partner entities on actions to be taken to improve their management as well as how to implement these actions
- Facilitate the change process
- In association with the partners, adapt the organisational structure, optimise the processes, improve the systems and strengthen staff competences in relation to the Skills Development Fund
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Level of Education Required for the Job
Specific competences or knowledge required
- At least 5 years of professional experience in skills development, development of sectoral policies, TVET or youth employment
- At least 3 years of experience in management of (T)VET (demonstrated by a relevant publication/report/study and/or consultancy work in a similar assignment)
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of TVET/employment/skills development funding
- At least 2 years of experience in social dialogue and advocacy
Specific competences or knowledge considered an asset
- Good knowledge of ICT applications
- Experience in setting-up, implementing or monitoring a similar funding mechanism in the region is considered an asset
- Experience with (public procurement, grants...) contract systems and tools or administrative management.
Good knowledge of Arabic and English
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 03/01/2020.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.