تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع / غزه عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Project Management Unit in Gaza invites experienced & qualified Palestinian to apply for the following position in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
Site Manager –Civil Engineer
The proposed project is part of a coordinated international effort to address chronic poor water quality in Gaza and the significant increase in domestic demand expected in the medium term, which is projected to reach around 145 MCM a year by 2030. PWA, in partnership with the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), the Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) and the World Bank, formulated the Gaza Central Desalination Program (GCDP). The GCDP covers all Gaza and comprises two main components: (i) construction of a desalination plant with initial capacity to produce 55 MCM a year of desalinated water that can be doubled in the future; and (ii) construction of a north-south water carrier, including storage reservoirs to convey and properly blend the desalinated water with groundwater sources to achieve water supply meeting WHO guidelines for potable water. The latter component is referred to as “Associated Works.”
The Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) for the benefit of the has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water Security Development - Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Project Phase I (AWP-Phase 1), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for supporting the Project implementation and management capacity of the implementing institution (PWA).
The PWA is considering the recruitment of a qualified Site Manager/Civil Engineer who will contribute to the successful implementation of the project on fiduciary aspects.
- Component 1: Improved Supply of Bulk Water to the southern and middle governorates of Gaza
- Component 2: Capacity Building and Performance Improvement of Selected Institutions
- Component 3: Project Management and Implementation Support
The Site Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participate in evaluation of the technical and financial documents submitted by the bidders;
- Follow-up and evaluate the Quality for the performance of the construction Supervision Consultant Team to ensure that all the facilities inside the sites are carried out according to the specifications and requirements;
- monitoring the work progress at the contracted packages under Component 1 to ensure that the Contracts are delivered on time and within the component allocated budget;
- review the critical submittals related construction works Contracts (e.g., time schedule, method statement related to safeguards, cost breakdown, and long lead procurement approval, etc;
- Reviewing and approving the payments submitted by the contractors and consultants;
- Crosscheck the quality control procedures at the construction sites under component 1;
- Participating in preparation of any reports requested by donors;
- Crosscheck the materials and equipment delivered to the construction sites under Component 1 and ensuring its proper utilization for the project;
- Coordinating with other authorities /municipalities and other agencies to solve any outstanding problems or obstacles that might hinder the progress of the works;
- Provide any technical assistance and advise to the supervision of construction work for unexpected problems that may occur during the construction works;
- Reporting to the project manager any change orders, verbal instructions, problems, delay may be caused or asked by the engineer;
- Prepares monthly reports and other required documents as requested by the PM.
- Maintaining correspondence and documentation related to contracts
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The following are minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management;
- Five (5) years of relevant general experience, with at least 2 years in supervising water infrastructure projects implementation;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English language;
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project);
- Good communication skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Decision-making ability;
- Knowledge of construction processes;
- Hold a valid Driving License.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year Extendable as demand necessity, on a full-time basis. The expected start date for the position is 01st of June 2021.
The CV’s and the supporting documents should be sent before 23/04/2021 to the email address below:
For more clarification, please do not hesitate in contacting us during working hours (8:00 am-15:00pm).
Tel: 08 2644071
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted