Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and work at the sectors of food security, Protection, Community development, economic empowerment and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with ANERA is in the process to start implementation of Installation of Wastewater Networks in Khan Younis project, the project funded by United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
The overall objective of the project is to improve quality of WASH services and access at the HH level for vulnerable Palestinians living in Khan Younis. The project includes installation/extension/rehabilitation of sewer collection networks in the Al-Salam and Al-Katiba areas of Khan Younis City to prevent contamination of domestic water and to decrease waterborne illnesses by mitigating sewage flooding. The sewage system will serve the targeted community of Khan Younis City, including individuals that will be added to the system after the end of the project period. Within this project, Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Site Engineer (SE) – Full time
# of Position Available: 1
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Executive Director (ED).
Period: 6 Months
- Participate on conducting final technical and baseline assessment of existing sewage networks. To help Anera to prepare the BoQs;
- Develop site monitoring and supervision plans;
- Supervise all technical aspects of the work carried out in the designated project sites and ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner with high efficiency and accuracy in accordance with the project implementation plans and appropriate engineering practices;
- Update monitoring and site supervision plans regularly;
- Ensure a safe working environment for all workers in the designated project sites and take all necessary measures to ensure the safety of all personnel and equipment in these areas;
- Maintain a complete record and documentation of all work carried out at designated project sites with all relevant projects with monitoring, supervision and implementation plans;
- Prepare regular site reports and submit them as required;
- Provide weekly progress reports on the implementation of the work at designated project sites to the Project Coordinator;
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Perform any other tasks required by the ED related to the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural engineering with at least good grade.
- Three years of professional experience in similar position and experience.
- One year of experience working with NGO's.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applicationsMonday 19/9/2022 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Femalecandidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.