Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in partnership with Bayader is anticipated to get fund for the implementation of Shelter and PSS Support to Conflict Affected Gazans project.
The project aims to restore the sense of dignity, privacy, safety, and wellbeing for families whose homes were damaged during May 2021 conflict. CRS and Bayader will provide assistance for 120 households, to complete shelter repairs for partial and severe damages that reduce displacement and allow vulnerable families to live in safe and adequate housing. The project will be implemented in Khan Younis governorates.
Bayader is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the following position of an anticipated shelter Project:
Position Title: Site Engineer (SE) – Full time
# of Position Available: 3
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 5 Months
- Conduct social and technical assessments for potential beneficiary households.
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs.
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- Participate on conducting orientation session.
- Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC.
- Liaising with NGO’s, client and subcontractors.
- Ensure the engagement of all household members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in civil or Architectural engineering.
Two years of professional experience in similar position and experience.
Minimum 1 year experience working with local NGOs.
Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
Good computer literacy.
Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
A resident of Khan Younis governorate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online application HERE
Deadline for submitting applications Thursday 22/7/2021 no later than 16:00 PM.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.