Job Title: Site Engineer
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duty Station: Attil - Tulkarem
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and satisfactory performance
Closing Date: 5 January 2021 (midnight New York, USA)
In line with PWA’s Water and Sewerage Master Plan for the northern and north-western region of the West Bank, as well as PWA’s long-term strategic objectives for 2032, UNDP aims to continue enhancing transboundary wastewater management and pollution control in Al-sharawiya area in general and Attil town, in particular. The project under concern is funded by the Netherlands and targets specifically Attil Municipality as a good example of transboundary wastewater management. The project beneficiaries include Attil and Al-sharaweya Joint Service Council. It is designed to achieve the following three outputs:
Functions/Key Results Expected/Responsibilities:
1) The residents of Attil (women, men, girls and boys) have increased access to environmentally sound municipal wastewater services by 2022;
2) Improved cross border wastewater flow measurements and management mechanism, and
3) Water tariff and revenue collection system revised and applied to ensure sustainable wastewater service.In this context, UNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Site Engineer for the above-mentioned projects, under the overall guidance of the Programme Analyst and primary supervision of the Programme Manager. As this position is related to supervising the daily construction works of the above-mentioned project, with an expected duration of one year, the Service Contract extension will be conditioned to satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
Functions/Key Results Expected/Responsibilities:
The following represents the duties and responsibilities of the Site Resident Engineer throughout the project cycle:
1. Project Implementation Stage:
• Review technical specification, bid documents, and prepare ITB jointly with partners.
• Participate in pre-bid meetings and site visits during bidding process and ensure that all biding documents are compiled with UNDP standard and regulation
• Supervise all project works and ensure that all are done as per technical specification and engineering drawings
• Conduct on-site observations of the work in progress and direct the Contractor on necessary measures which would avoid possible risks affecting the safety of people and properties in the vicinity.
• Review and verify the bid tender documents of the project (design, bill of quantities, drawings, and technical specifications) to ensure their accuracy and applicability.
• Check the Contractor’s works and notify the Contractor of any defects found with regards to the quality of the workmanship or materials and equipment incorporated in the project, including those found in performing the required sampling and testing.
• Review shop drawings and as-built drawings submitted by the contractor.
• Review the Contractor’s work schedules and updates thereof; closely monitor the work progress and budget utilization to ensure compliance with the project duration and cost.
• Measure, record and review payment requests for the executed works submitted by the contractor.
• Stakeholder Coordination: coordinate decision-making within the constraints laid down by stakeholders; and manage contracts with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and other implementing partners;
• Follow up and Communicate directly with UNDP Project partners such as PWA, MoLG, and targeted municipalities and provide full documentation/reports on progress on the ground
• Liaise and Coordinate with the targeted municipalities’ personnel for smooth and timely implementation of the project activities.
• Reporting/Communications: prepare regular briefings and reports to supervisor; ensure production of timely reports; participate in regular project and counterparts’ coordination meetings; ensure regular production of lessons learnt, success stories, and factsheets;
• Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
2. Project Closing Stage
• Participate in the committee for final inspection and handover of the construction / rehabilitation works and prepare snag-lists for final checking prior to project handover.
• Supervise the performance testing and commissioning of equipment.
• Review and check as-built drawings for completed works, as well as maintenance and operation plans prepared by the contractors.
• Coordinate and participate in all donor technical review missions and evaluations on the implemented projects
3. Coordination and communication with stakeholders
• Coordinate decision-making within the constraints laid down by stakeholders; and manage contracts with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and other implementing partners.
• Follow up and communicate directly with UNDP project partners such as PWA, MoLG, and targeted municipalities and provide full documentation/reports on progress on the ground.
• Liaise and coordinate with the targeted municipalities’ personnel for smooth and timely implementation of the project activities.
• Prepare regular briefings and reports to supervisor; ensure production of timely reports; participate in regular project and counterpart’s coordination meetings; ensure regular production of lessons learnt, success stories, and factsheets;
4. Perform any other duties as requested by the Programme Manager and Programme Analyst.
Impact of Results
Proper supervision of the project activities has an impact on the quality and implementation of the project. A client-oriented and efficient approach will reflect on the impact of the project and on the image of the UNDP. The key results have an impact on the success of the project within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, on achieving the successful implementation of the project sub-component to reach the overall programme goals and objectives.
It is anticipated that the work of the Site Engineer will have the following results:
• Project is implemented in a timely, efficient and relevant manner to achieve its intended outcome and objectives.
• Quality and Safety of the Workers is ensured.• Proper reporting and documentation are maintained
Ability to make new and useful ideas work: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
Ability to persuade others to follow: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction: Models independent thinking and action
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
Ability to apply engineering skills and analyze engineering data of significant depth; manages and supervises implementation of multi-discipline construction projects, demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Planning & Organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results; works towards a standard of excellence; conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
Project and Contract Management
Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goal; knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
Knowledge of sustainable development concepts, principles and issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, covering the economic, social and environmental dimension.
Risk Management:Ability to identify and prioritize risks and organize actions around mitigating them
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
BSc degree in Civil Engineering
Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in supervising the implementation of water and wastewater projects including sewer collection systems.
Candidate should be registered at the Engineers Association
Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures is an asset.
Fluency in Arabic and very good language skills in the English language
المسمى الوظيفي Site Engineer
آخر موعد للتقديم 05 - Jan - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 8 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP
UNDSS Field Security Associate
Community Outreach Coordinator
رام الله والبيرة
Local Consultant for OHCHR
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
رام الله والبيرة
(TVET) Project Manager
رام الله والبيرة
OHCHR Human Rights Officer