Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and Development and Peace Canada (D&P) is in the process to start implementation of the SAFER HOMES: Shelter Rehabilitation and NFIs project, funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The objective of the project is to provide rehabilitation assistance to 300 households living in substandard conditions in Khan Younis governorate-prioritizing 60 female headed households-with an option to purchase essential NFIs. The project features a gender-responsive approach where each household is accompanied by a gender-balanced intern team throughout the rehabilitation process.
Within this project Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Site Engineer – Full time
# of Positions Available: 3
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC).
Period: 10 Months
- Conduct social and technical assessments for potential beneficiary households
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- .Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC.
- Liaising with NGO’s, client and subcontractors.
- Ensure the engagement of all household members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural engineering.
- Two years of professional experience in similar project.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- A resident of Khan Younis governorate.
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to the following email:
- Cover letter.
- The most recent CV including 2 professional contacts as references.
Kindly state in the email subject “Site Engineer”, any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered.
Deadline for submitting applications is 03:00 PM, April 4, 2019.
Bayader is an equal rights employer, we encourage qualified women.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written exam. Only selected nominees who pass the exam will be interviewed.