MA'AN is an independent Palestinian development and training organization established in January 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN in partnership with Acted has been working on implementing the project of “Increasing access of vulnerable households to safe and secure shelters through shelter rehabilitation and winterization assistance”. Therefore, MA’AN is looking for qualified Shelter Project Officer to handle the below responsibilities.
Contract Type: Limited period HR contract
Contract Duration: 7.0 months
Immediate Superior: Head of Engineering
- Ensure that planned activities are successfully implemented according to the agreed quality standards and SoPs
- Supervise the progress of implementation and cooperate with the project partner.
- Prepare BOQs, review project documents, and keep updated records of assessments and distributions
- Manage teams in the field during assessments, registration, and distributions
- Monitor and ensure that distributions of Cash and non-food items are being carried out in accordance with the agreed procedures and standards
- Ensure that data collection is accurate and submitted to the Head of Engineering in a timely manner
- Ensure that communication with beneficiaries and community members is clear and respectful
- Provide relevant technical expertise/guidance to ensure that technical quality and standards are maintained during project implementation;
- Ensure all paperwork is accurately and correctly filled in compliance with the agreed guidelines and SoPs.
- Periodically review progress in implementation of the project activities, highlight areas of concern and make recommendations to the Head of Engineering to ensure continued relevance and effectiveness of project activities
- Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to assess need, monitor activities, and evaluate programme progress.
- Support with data analysis and reporting
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architecture Engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience in the shelter rehabilitation field.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with the NGO sector in Palestine.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Excellent computer skills, writing and communication skills.
- High motivation and excellent work ethic, both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to [email protected]
please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission Must be delivered before 04:00 PM on 17th November 2019