MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
Sexual and Reproductive Health and GBV Officer
Position: Sexual and Reproductive Health and GBV Officer
Job Location: West Bank
Direct Supervisor: Field Manager
In-Direct Supervisor: General Coordinator / Admin and Finance Manager
Length: 6 months with possibility of extension
SRH / GbV Officer will report to the Field Manager and General Coordinator. He/She will agree the technical aspects of the project with the technical advisors in Headquarters and the MHPSS technical team in the field
- To define and implement the Sexual and Reproductive Health strategy of the mission.
- To maintain a strong coordination with MoH focal points and SRH focal points from other MdM Chapters.
- And follow up on the implementation of SRH/GBV activities.
- To design and deliver trainings regarding GBV and SRH for health staff, and provide follow up and supervision after the trainings.
- To support in the identification and development of a new project proposal on SRH.
Planning and programing role
- Actively contribute to the definition of the MdM Spain Sexual and Reproductive Health strategy in the country together with the technical team in the field and the different HQ advisors.
- In coordination with the MoH, contribute in the definition of the operational strategy,
- Depending on the needs assessed together with MoH, develop updates on existing SRH protocols according to Minimum Standard Package bases on international standards, and facilitate trainings and in service support and monitoring to MoH staff.
- To support in the identification and development? of new project proposals.
- Ensure proper design and justification of projects, and the update of MdM protocols and tools.
- Conduct needs assessments in relation to staff knowledge and skills and materials and equipment needed for SRH/GbV in healthcare centers.
- Ensure proper application of standards, protocols and procedures, including data collection and analysis. Follow and fulfill all reporting requirements by FM / General Coordinator. Promptly report any deviation or risk detected. Propose improvements in protocols, procedures and tools for the implementation, follow up and monitoring of activities and facts-based advocacy activities.
- Identify and planning training sessions to improve the skills of the hospital medical staff.
- Design and implement -with the support of the field team- awareness campaign on Sexual and Reproductive Rights.
-Support capacity building of partners and co-workers in his/her area of expertise. Develop training materials when needed.
- Knowledge of referral pathway in GBV and trainings sessions.
- Include the MHPSS component- work in coordination with the MHPSS team.
Communication and coordination role
-Establish and maintain periodic relationship with the representatives of the MoH and the GBV sub-cluster and the field technical referents/SRH focal point from other MdM chapters.
-To act as a liaison between the MoH and MdM in relation to this area of work.
- Initiate and maintain contacts with other medical organizations to stimulate cooperation.
- Attend meetings with national health authorities and relevant stakeholders when it will be required by the Field Manager.
Other Specific Tasks
- Technical support for purchase orders of material supply and consumable stocks.
- Any other tasks requested by the Field Manager or Genco, in her/his area of expertise.
- To respect MdM-S ethics and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To avoid any kind of violent behaviors and aggressiveness at the workplace.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- To maintain confidentiality on all documents and issues.
- Show a positive attitude and motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- Respect and contribute to the achievement of MdM-S schedules.
- To contribute to the cleanness and tidiness of the work place.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct to the project Manager.
This job description can be modified with prior notice and agreement between the two parties on demand of the direct supervisor other tasks might be added to the present list.
The employee shall respect MdM-S regulations and is expected to be available anytime in order to respond to an emergency situation and be flexible beyond normal working hours if requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in midwifery, or Gynecology Doctor.
- Gender studies are an asset.
- Training on Human Rights, Humanitarian Standards and/or Protection are assets.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in the relevant field is required.
- The following experience are assets:
- Working with local NGOs or INGO in similar position.
- Experience / knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare protocols in Palestine.
- Experience / knowledge in clinical management of GbV in Palestine.
- Experience in design and provision of trainings and capacity building activities.
- Driving license required.
- Ability to cope with hard context. Stress management.
- Diplomacy. Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM target groups and counterparts.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Results oriented.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
المسمى الوظيفي Sexual and Reproductive Health and GBV Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 17 - Jun - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب MDM’s Salary charts
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page motivation letter in English to [email protected] before June 17, 2021 indicating in the subject: SRH & GbV Officer.
Applications not fulfilling guidelines and requirements will be dismissed.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 25 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MDM Spain منظمة أطباء العالم - إسبانيا
Infection Prevention Control Officer
Infection Prevention Control Officer
13, Dec, 2020