MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
Sexual and Reproductive Health and GbV officer in the WEST BANK
Job Title: Sexual and Reproductive Health and GbV officer
Job Location: Jericho – West Bank
Contract Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Starting Date: ASAP
Deadline: September 27, 2019
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
The purpose of MdM-S is to provide access to health care services, assist in the health needs of the most vulnerable population, denounce the violations of human rights, promote social mobilization and advocate for social and political changes, with a human rights based approach and mainstreaming gender perspective.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been mainly focused on Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), Primary Healthcare and Advocacy. In the West Bank, MdM-S is directly providing psychosocial protection to Bedouin communities in Area C and E1, and promoting community based resilience activities. In collaboration with local partners MdM facilitates access to primary healthcare and improves the capacity of primary education staff to integrate psychosocial and psychoeducational interventions in the schools, promote positive discipline and cope with stressful events.
Since 2019 MdM Spain is implementing a project to improve the capacities of healthcare service providers in relation to sexual and reproductive health and gender based violence (GbV) detection and clinical management. The objective of this position is to implement the technical components of the sexual and reproductive health and GbV activities with the MoH and mobile clinic service providors in the Jericho Governorate under the supervision of the Project Manager and General Coordinator.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
West Bank. The position will be based in Jericho City, with visits to E1 Area and Jordan Valley Bedouin communities. The candidate will attend coordination meetings in Ramallah.
The selected candidate will report to the Project Manager and General Coordinator, as well as the Administrator. He/She will agree the technical aspects of the project with the Healthcare Advisor in Headquarters, and agree on gender mainstreaming considerations with the Gender officer in the field.
Sexual and reproductive health (SRH) interventions
- Develop updates on existing SRH protocols according to Minimum Standard Package bases on international standards, and facilitate adoption by service providers, including training, in service training and monitoring. (30%).
- Conduct needs assessments in relation to materials and equipments needed for SRH/GbV in healthcare centres and healthcare mobile clinics. (10%).
- Elaborate key messages and actions for community and healthcare staff awareness on sexual and reproductive health and GbV, in coordination with Gender officer and stakeholders. (10%).
- Detect needs in capacities of healthcare staff to incorporate psychosocial support considerations in their workplace, and effectively facilitate the development of training sessions with MdM Mental Health and Psychosocial Support technical team. (10%).
- Ensure proper application of standards, protocols and procedures, including data collection and analysis. Follow and fulfill all reporting requirements by PM / General Coordinator. Promptly report any deviation or risk detected. Propose improvements in protocols, procedures and tools for the implementation, follow up and monitoring of activities and facts-based advocacy activities. (10%)
- Actively contribute to the definition of MdM strategy in the country. Ensure proper design and justification of projects, and the update of MdMs protocols and tools, in coordination with the PM and Health Advisor (10%)
- Support capacity building of partners and co-workers in his/her area of expertise. Develop training materials when needed. (10%)
- Actively design and implement advocacy activities of MdM in relation to his/her area of expertise, in coordination with the rest of the team and local partners. (5%),
- Contribute to the knowledge management of the organization in oPt, and in particular in terms of logistics, studies and reports, and potential local partners. (5%).
- Any other tasks requested by the the PM or Genco, in her/his area of expertise.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedbacks and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct by any member of MdM or the counterparts, including Fraud or Sexual and Gender-based harassment.
- Bachelor degree in midwifery, or Gynecology Doctor.
- Gender studies are an asset.
- Training on Human Rights, Humanitarian Standards and/or Protection are assets.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in the relevant field is required.
- The following experience are assets:
1. Working with local NGOs or INGO in similar position.
2. Experience / knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare protocols in Palestine.
3. Experience / knowledge in clinical management of GbV in Palestine.
4. Experience in design and provision of trainings and capacity building activities.
- Driving license required.
- Ability to cope with hard context. Stress management.
- Diplomacy. Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM target groups and counterparts.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Results oriented.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page motivation letter in English to [email protected]com before September 27, 2019 indicating in the subject: SRH & GbV Officer.
Applications not fulfilling guidelines and requirements will be dismissed.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 25 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.