Posting Title : Service Desk Officer- Fixed Term- Field Office Jerusalem- For Internal and External Candidates- Grade, 13
Job Code Title : Service Desk Officer
Department/ Office : UNRWA - Information Management - West Bank
Location : FO West Bank
Posting Period : 12 January 2023-27 January 2023
Job Opening number : 23-ADM-UNRWA - Information Management-199359-R-FO
West Bank (R)
Staffing Exercise : N/A
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
The incumbent reports to the Senior Service Desk Officer.
- Provides first level Information Management and Technology (IMT) support services to end-users, in accordance with established standards, policies and operating procedures, including:
- Provision of Tier-1 level support and troubleshooting of department-specific information management systems and applications;
- Provision of Tier-1 level support and troubleshooting of IMT devices, applications and services in UNRWA areas of operation as required;
- Fulfilling end-user requests for IMT services within established Service Level Agreements (SLAs), including access to application systems and computer or mobile resources;
- Performing user account management;
- Identifying and resolving/escalating reported incidents, analyzing issues, identifying systemic problems, and recommending appropriate solutions;
- Escalating incidents with accurate documentation to suitable support teams or vendor;
- Using remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting;
- Maintaining and timely updating the service desk system with accurate statuses of all assigned service requests and incidents;
- Collecting and analyzing feedback from end-users and making recommendations to the appropriate internal team.
- Installs new or updates existing end-user IMT hardware, mobile devices and software, including operating system and anti-virus software, in accordance with established standards; prepares and maintains an up-to-date inventory of installed devices and software licenses; liaises with maintenance and service vendors to install and service end-user computer hardware, mobile devices and provision of minor IMT equipment;
- Conducts end-user training needs assessment with substantive contribution to the development of end-users training materials and provides formal and on-the-job training on the use of computing services and facilities, devices, tools, wireless connectivity, mobiles devices and standard software packages;
- Prepares and supports requested IMT services for various internal and external meetings, including necessary Internet, Wi-Fi, teleconferencing, video conferencing, desktop, printing, and video/audio projection services; provides daily video conferencing connectivity and troubleshooting services;
- Provides general information and advice to end-user queries on IMT products and services at UNRWA, potential access, usage policies, acquisition, upgrade and replacement of standard IMT hardware, software, or mobile equipment;
- Creates help sheets and FAQ lists for end users and contribute to knowledgebase as needed;7. Assists with implementation of projects related to end-user service delivery services;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
UN Core Values of Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default.. In addition, the following competencies apply:
- Following Instructions and Procedures;
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks;
- Relating and Networking;
- Adapting and Responding to Change;5- Learning and Researching.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A university degree from an accredited educational institution in information technology, information management, computer science, or other related discipline; - Microsoft Office Specialist certification
Job Specific Qualifications
A minimum of three years progressively responsible and relevant experience in IT Service or Help Desk experience providing user support in a network computer environment including one year with video conference facilities management and support is required;
Work experience with video conference technology, Microsoft Windows based desktop technology, Microsoft Office software suite, Microsoft 365 solutions and working in an ITILdriven environment with knowledge of ITIL principles and processes is required.
-Please confirm if you live/ reside in West Bank or Jerusalem? And if you have West Bank or Jerusalem ID. please to mention its number down, as it is desirable.
Very good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below