Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries.
Caritas Jerusalem is committed to ensuring that all individuals we encounter through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by Caritas Internationalis Management Standards (CIMS). We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and always adhere to Caritas Jerusalem Code of Conduct Policies and values. Team members are required to sign the Code of Conduct upon hire and be trained on the Safeguarding Policy.
For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Senior projects coordinator-Zababdeh
Contract Period: 12 months, with the possibility of extension(s).
Location: Zababdeh – Jenin Governorate
Starting date: ASAP
The program titled “ Social Cohesion and greater resilience of rural communities in Jenin governorate”, located in Jenin Governorate in Palestine aims at enhancing the resilience and wellbeing of rural communities with a focus on youth and women. The approach is based on a “triple nexus” linking 3 complementary areas: social cohesion, rural economy, and disaster risk reduction. It proposes to foster local dynamics for improved economic development and social cohesion. Local communities with their specific heritage and own resources are indeed the main actors of change and the first responders in emergencies. First, Caritas Jerusalem will set up and accompany 4 Local Action Groups (LAGs), providing a dialogue framework for all local stakeholders including the most vulnerable. The LAGs’ members will exchange on common issues, but also formulate and defend their rights and explore concrete solutions. They will be offered grants for common good projects and advocacy support to increase citizens’ quality of life and their capacities to mobilize for change. Second, the objective is to increase and diversify rural communities’ incomes and ensure their sustainability. Farmers’ organizations and CSOs will be supported with organizational and investment support. The employability of youngsters will be strengthened by providing vocational training, internship opportunities, and access to hubs for entrepreneurship and innovation. Third, Palestine is the scene of a chronic humanitarian crisis. The security and mobility of its inhabitants are being threatened and their land is at the risk of confiscation. Communities will have better resources to analyze, mitigate and recover from crises. The LAGs will update and coordinate municipal contingency plans while farmers’ organizations will receive equipment for improved emergency preparedness. Eventually, learning will be ensured by a horizontal dialogue between the LAGs and through action research on agroecology to demonstrate its relevance for food security and emergency preparedness and peer exchanges.
This program is part of the 8 countries' interventions funded by the Belgian Directorate-general Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid (DGD)
The Senior projects coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with Caritas Jerusalem quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Preparing plans for the procurement of goods, works, and consultancy services.
- Responsible for all procurement activities of the assigned projects.
- Maintain complete project procurement documents for each contract.
- Control and monitor expenses against approved budgets.
- Ability to develop documents such as raising awareness materials, official communications letters, Term of References, project proposals, questionnaires, RFPs, tenders, budgets, cash flows, MEAL plan, etc.
- Supervise and guide the assigned project staff.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures.
- Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per organization and donor requirements.
- Monitor activities’ implementation cycle and final handover in coordination with the related staff.
- Prepare activity progress, interim, annual, and final reports in collaboration with the head of the department.
- Technical review of goods, works, and consultancy deliverables.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the head of the Development department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, development studies, or any related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in project cycle management, ideally in the fields of agroecology, sustainable development, food security, education, and livelihoods, particularly with youth and women; crosscutting with advocacy and gender equality.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/ activities
- Experience working with partners, conducting participatory action planning, leading community engagement, and engaging other stakeholders strongly desired.
- Excellent English and Arabic. French is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic languages.
- Willingness to work in different Caritas Jerusalem premises.
- Self-motivation and multitasking are a must.
- Ability to work in complex environments with challenges.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with the ability to make a sound judgment.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Valid driving license.
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, May 22th 2022, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.