Senior Programme Officer- Gaza
ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position ofSenior Programme Officer for 12 months period (extendable).
Duty station: Gaza.
Start Date: Immediately.
About the position: The Senior Programme Officer is responsible for providing technical inputs to AAP program in Gaza that are in compliance with Core Humanitarian Standards, women’s rights and ActionAid International resilience framework. Within the remit of this role, the Senior Programme Officer must have technical expertise in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian program in the context of protracted crisis.
The key responsibilities for this position will be as follows:
• Lead on the integration of and compliance with ActionAid Humanitarian signatures (Women’s leadership, accountability to affected population, Localization and shifting power and enhance transformative resilience building initiatives).
• Collaborate with the Head of Programs to developing evidence-based guidelines and strategies for AAP humanitarian work in Gaza
• Contribute to the design of training materials, terms of references in line with AA HRBA principles.
• Assist Partners to develop effective monitoring and evaluation systems for the project so they collect information (qualitative and quantitative) at the community level as well as provide an analysis of the same
• Provide hands on support to partners to enhance knowledge and understanding around CHS and AAI Humanitarian Signatures.
• Provide technical input to methodologies and processes related to preparedness and response, women’s protection, accountability and resilience.
• Lead AA research initiatives in Gaza, including but not limited to manage consultants for needs assessment, impact assessment and other researches as deemed required by ActionAid.
• Produce case studies, learning documents and other documentations related to the humanitarian and resilience programme in Gaza to be shared with the Global Rights and Resilience Programme.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, Development Studies or Management. Master’s Degree in any relevant social sciences discipline from a recognized institution is an asset.
• At least 5 years relevant experience in a multi-culture working environment.
• In-depth understanding of Human Rights Based Approach and women's rights with practical evidence of experience.
• Good knowledge of resilience programming in the context of protracted crisis.
• Good understanding of accountability practices with a special focus on accountability in Humanitarian context e.g. Core Humanitarian Standards
• Good understanding of women’s leadership in emergencies, building local capacities to lead the response and women’s protection from GBV.
• Strong leadership and management capacity
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
• Work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Valid driving licence and be able to travel frequently within Gaza Strip.
Indicative salary range: ILS 84,508.00 to ILS 102,762.00 gross per annum.
Senior Programme Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم
06 - Sep - 2018
ILS 84,508.00 to ILS 102,762.0
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and Motivation letter to: [email protected] no later than 6th ofSeptember 2018 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.