This role involves developing and overseeing the program in Palestine, aligned with global and regional programmatic approaches. The role includes a strong collaboration with national and local partners, leading fundraising efforts and regular situation analysis. The incumbent will be responsible for active participation in internal and external coordination mechanisms, representing the organization, and overseeing every phase of project management, from needs assessments to project implementation, with a focus on quality and alignment with international standards and ensuring compliance with donor requirements. Managing and developing the program team is vital, involving recruitment, coaching, and capacity building. Lastly, maintaining a commitment to technical quality and staying updated with best practices are integral to achieving program success.
He/she has the following responsibilities:
Strategy and Policy:
- Ensure the consistent application of Tdh Program Visions and Approaches in Palestine.
- Develop and oversee the proper implementation of the annual Action Plan, which outlines key objectives and their prioritization within the Program Department.
- Ensure a comprehensive understanding and utilization of key Tdh policies, manuals, processes, and tools within the Program Department.
Programme Strategic Steering:
- Take the lead in formulating program strategies for Tdh Palestine, aligning them with the delegation's vision, strategic objectives, and global/regional programmatic approaches and plans.
- Foster a culture of innovative thinking within the Delegation and guide the program team in generating innovative ideas to amplify the impact of Tdh programming.
- Assume leadership in fundraising endeavors, aligning them with the Country Strategic and Fundraising Plan, under the guidance of the Country Representative.
- Identify, map, and nurture strategic partnerships with Civil Society Organizations and other key stakeholders such as universities, research centers etc.
Internal and External Coordination:
- Lead Project Follow-up sessions.
- Participate in coordination meetings chaired by the Country Representative.
- Attend Coordination Management Team (CMT) meetings, led by the Country Representative.
- Participate in monthly Finance Management/Monitoring meetings with HQ and the Finance Department, presenting a comprehensive review of any gaps, delays, or implementation challenges, and proposing effective solutions.
- Ensure the seamless flow of information and coordination mechanisms between the Program Department and other departments at the country and regional levels. On the 10th of each month, share the monthly program report with the Country Representative.
- In alignment with the Country Representative, ensure Tdh's regular participation in relevant coordination meetings at both national and local levels. Facilitate the effective exchange of data and information within the Program Department and, where applicable, with other departments.
- Under the guidance of the Country Representative, represent the organization locally in interactions with partners, donors, (I)NGOs, International Organizations, and local authorities.
Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- Lead the process of conducting needs assessments and situational analyses before initiating project/program design, working closely with the Senior MEAL Officer and Project Managers.
- Take charge of the proposal development and grant writing processes for the Delegation, facilitating proposal writing and providing guidance to Project Managers in their contributions to proposal development.
- Collaborate with the relevant Project Manager to organize and conduct kick-off meetings for each new project or project phase.
- Oversee and enhance the establishment of an efficient project implementation planning system, including regular review and adaptation of planning tools.
- Collaborate with the MEAL Senior Officer to ensure the implementation of a robust M&E framework, including an M&E plan, tools, and analysis, for every project within the MCD.
- Personally participate in regular field monitoring visits and supervise the proper monitoring of program impact, assessing the effectiveness of each activity in relation to expected outcomes.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly (attended by regional technical staff), and annual Programme Review Meetings to assess progress, make necessary adjustments, and share lessons learned in partnership with the program team and support departments. Discuss and validate proposed changes/adjustments in activities with Project Managers and Regional Advisors/Coordinators, if required.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and coordinate with the Finance/Admin & HR Manager to ensure sound financial management of all projects. Monitor the consolidated budget monthly to maintain overall financial oversight.
- Work closely with the Communication Specialist to ensure accurate communication and visibility of projects. Additionally, draft articles or internal reports on program activities as needed.
- Collaborate with the MEAL Senior Officer to contribute to project success reporting, focusing on expected outcomes and indicators.
- Ensure the timely submission of narrative and financial reports to donors as specified.
- Establish and maintain organized archiving systems for project documentation.
- This revised version presents the responsibilities in a more concise and organized manner while retaining all essential information.
Staff Management and Capacity Building
- Ensure the establishment of an appropriate and standardized organizational structure within the Program Department. Propose revisions to organizational charts and job descriptions for team members when necessary, seeking validation from the Country Representative.
- Provide direct daily leadership and management to the program team, offering guidance and support to effectively manage their projects and teams.
- Lead the recruitment and onboarding process for new program staff, collaborating with HR. This includes finalizing job descriptions, developing, and reviewing written tests, participating in interviews, and more.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for all subordinates.
- Foster effective teamwork by establishing robust collaboration methods within the Program Department. This includes establishing clear channels for information sharing and communication, as well as an equitable delegation of tasks among team members to cultivate a unified, comprehensive approach within the Delegation.
- Champion a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Terre des hommes Palestine. Stay well-informed about Tdh's and donors' compliance and ethics standards and adhere to them. Communicate and reinforce these values among staff and partners, requiring their adherence.
Program Technical Quality
- Ensure that all programs and projects apply best development and humanitarian principles and models of intervention.
- Offer technical support and guidance to your team to ensure project quality, aligning with international standards as well as Tdh and donor requirements.
- Collaborate with the program team and Regional Coordinators in Migration and Access to Justice (A2J) for harmonization of program approaches and to develop and oversee the implementation of cross-cutting strategies such as child labor, child marriage, violence against children.
- Ensures Tdh representation in technical networks of the country and region, where applicable.
He/she should commit to the following values and policies:
General Code of Conduct and Tdh’s Risk Management Policies:
Commits to complying with the General Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach of the Code through the Tdh warning procedure raises the awareness within the Foundation on violence and abuse and the rights that derive from them regarding children, community members and our own employees.
Commits to complying with the Risk Management Policies, including Safeguard policies (the policy of Safeguarding Children, the Policy of Protecting against Exploitation and Sexual Abuse, the Guideline on Abusive Behavior at Work), the Safety/Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policies and the Prevention of Funding Criminal Activities.
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse by developing an open and informed culture of management within the organization and in our work with children and the communities where we work.
Tdh’s organizational values
Our organizational values guide us in our operational and strategic choices and are the foundation of all decisions made by us. Those five values are incorporated into each process connected to the staff. All collaborators are assessed according to the organization’s values.
PARTICIPATION AND EMPOWERMENT
PARTNERSHIP AND COLLABORATION
INNOVATION AND LEARNING
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
LEADERSHIP AND EXCELLENCE
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
This function requires possession of fundamental personal, social and leadership skills (CPSLs), technical and methodological skills (CTMs) and Managerial and strategic skills (CMSs)
As well as the following specific “trade” skills
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter on or before Thursday, November 23rd , 2023 to [email protected] indicating your name, surname and the job title (Senior Program manager) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.