Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, Basic Education Activity - West Bank/Gaza
Save the Children is seeking a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist for the four-year USAID-funded Basic Education Activity which will strengthen non-governmental education services for Palestinian children of Kindergarten through Grade 6 allowing them to thrive and reach their full developmental potential. Under the Basic Education Activity, the consortium will work with the private sector, non-formal, non-governmental, community-based, and civil society partners to strengthen non-governmental early childhood and primary educational opportunities through high quality early childhood education services and supplemental support structures to strengthen foundational pre-primary and primary education for children in the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem.
This Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist will be responsible for the leadership, oversight and management of all efforts related to performance monitoring, internal evaluation, learning, and oversight of activities associated with the external evaluation managed by USAID. The incumbent will serve as a key M&E expert and primary contact for M&E strategies and implementation for this integrated program. They will provide advice, guidance, and coordination to Save the Children and consortium partners, the local schools, key stakeholders, and other collaborating organizations in the implementation and strengthening of M&E systems for basic education program activities supported by USAID.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You'll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Reporting on progress toward achieving the project targets, translating strategic information into improved programming and delivery of services.
- Providing accountability for use of resources, and supporting internal and external capacity for using M&E in the reduction of stunting.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the program, identify technical problems, and recommend revisions as necessary to overcome obstacles and constraints to progress.
- Identification of training needs and participation in the development and implementation of training materials and courses for partner organizations as related to M&E.
- Participate and provide input on M&E issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with consortium partners, local government and USAID.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or MA) from an accredited university in Statistics, or related field.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in performance measurement, evaluation and research, learning, and knowledge sharing: including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, Data Quality Assessment (DQA), MEL capacity building, facilitating learning events, report writing, Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA), and developing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (MELP).
- Demonstrated past success in supporting the design, implementation, and efficiently operating activity’s MEL systems from activity initiation to closeout stages at the field-level.
- Experience in designing a data capture and reporting system that includes alerts when the activity is not achieving its targets or when participants/subs are not achieving their goals.
- Experience collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data using methods that are suitable for changing and complex environments.
- Experience in managing MEL teams and supporting the MEL capacity building of sub-partners’ staff.
- Experience in coordinating MEL efforts with partners.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Relevant work experience in the MENA region.
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working with USAID projects.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below