Senior Grants and Compliance Officer
West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity
The West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity (The ACA) funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities is seeking to hire a Senior Grants & Compliance Officer. The ACA aims to increase citizens’ participation in civic life and support their efforts to advocate for positive changes, foster social and political advancement, and improve overall living conditions and prosperity. The ACA will support the civil society sector, Palestinian citizens, media organizations, and other relevant stakeholders to become more active in civic life, decision making and advocacy for citizens’ rights and demands.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Grants cycle and financial Monitoring:
- Ensure smooth and efficient implementation of processes through the granting cycle, in compliance with USAID Rules and regulations, as well as Global Communities grants management systems and policies.
- Participate, Support and facilitate the tasks of the grants review committees.
- Communicates with potential applicants as requested by supervisor.
- Performs pre-award assessment of prospective grantees
- Preparations of accurate and complete information for compliance with Mission Order 21, including mandatory clauses, certifications and vetting;
- Ensure the collection of all required information and documentation for developing accurate agreements with grantees;
- Prepares grant awards and modifications.
- Participate in design and conduct of grantee assessment related to financial capacities in collaboration with finance department.
- Help grantees in developing and enhancing their internal controls, financial and compliance capacity as needed.
- Continuous monitoring of grantees financial management performance
- Follow up on and review financial liquidations for compliance considerations, and ensure clear and concise notes for any corrections needed
- Maintains updated auditable records of all sub-grants and related documents;
- Participate in training applicants/grantees on grant management, as necessary.
- Monitor and follow up to ensure that grant recipients comply with the terms and conditions of the grant agreements;
- Coordinate with the technical team on using appropriate programming instrument to ensure grantees accurately reflect technical requirements for programming.
- Other tasks as may be requested by the supervisor or COP.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field such as Financial Management; accounting, business administration and/or or related administrative or development field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with international development agencies; of which at least 3 years as USAID grants/procurement officer.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills working with large, complex USAID funded programs preferably in West Bank and Gaza;
- Strong grant technical & financial management background required, including good working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Excellent analytical, planning, management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with donor, community representatives and other stakeholders, and staff at all levels;
- Able to work in a normal office environment with daily travel to the field and visiting grantees as needed.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic are required.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Tuesday February 14, 2023 clearly indicating the position title and location in the subject of the email.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.