Since 2014, UNOPS has implemented the Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) project in Gaza, providing monitoring of ‘dual-use’ materials for the governments of Palestine and Israel under the temporary Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism (GRM). UNOPS now seeks to establish a Programme Management Unit (PMU) to provide enhanced project management capacity in Gaza, including the continuing facilitation of access to ‘dual-use’ materials through the MMU, as well as other coordination activities relevant to the implementation of a series of infrastructure and other projects to response to urgent humanitarian needs.
The Senior Fleet and Logistics Assistant, reporting to the Project Coordinator, is based in Gaza and is responsible for the management of the PMU’s fleet of vehicles, supervision of drivers, management of office assets and general logistical needs.
- Develop and implement vehicle management and maintenance systems and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Organize, manage and supervise the use of all vehicles and report any noncompliance;
- Organize all documentation regarding usage of vehicles including a vehicle allocation policy;
- Provide support for VIP visitors including secure convoy organization;
- Ensure provision of vehicles and/or driver(s) for the transport of authorized project and management personnel;
- Ensure that all vehicles are licensed and insured as per the requirements of the host government;
- Ensure that all drivers receive continuation training and development and retain current licenses;
- Conduct accident damage assessments, process vehicle accident reports and raise damage reports as required;
- Track pertinent information for each individual official vehicle, such as, insurance expiration date, motor number, license expiration date, chassis number, etc.
- Record, store and spot check project assets such as equipment, furniture and office supplies;
- Supervise and train security guards team;
- Advise Project Coordinator on procurement needs for fleet and logistical requirements;
- Ensure good compliance from all staff with local office health and safety procedures;
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Technical/professional diploma from a recognized institution in fleet management, workshop management or petrol, diesel or electrical mechanics preferred
At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in logistical operations, including fleet management and advanced convoy driving
Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic. Working knowledge of English.
Contract type: Local ICAContract level: LICA 5
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة