Near East Council of Churches (NECC)/Department of Service to Palestinian Refugees (DSPR) is an NGOs was established since 1952, it is leading organization operating in the fields of" Health, Economic employment, TVET, Psychosocial Support, Advocacy and Community Development" is seeking qualified application for a Senior Finance Officer.
The NECC Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Gaza/HQ. Including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and compliance. The NECC Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as NECCs' internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Executive Director to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
Working in NECC Gaza Program under the direction of the Executive Director in coordination with internal auditor in the Central office in Jerusalem. The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the Gaza program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, Expenses and Revenues, cash management, bank reconciliations, payroll, Fixed Assets, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Monitor the payment of salaries and allowances of NECC staff; ensure the timely payment of taxes, insurance and benefits, and ensure the maintenance of accurate payroll records.
- Act as contact with external auditors on accounting matters and, in consultation with the Organization Internal Auditor, to make available to them all records required for the purpose of auditing the accounts, including any additional audits for funding agencies. Ensure that internal controls are properly in place.
- Ensure that purchasing is carried out in accordance with the NECC Procurement Policy including review and improvement of systems as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of, and verify the accuracy of, budgets for all project proposals
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in Gaza office and in accordance with the NECC Finance Manual and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements and forcasts to ensure the smooth implementation of NECC projects.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of the audited financial statements and reports
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports are generated to be shared with NECC Executive director, for review with the internal auditor in central office in Jerusalem, including cost center/project reports, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare financial reports, for review by the internal auditor in the central office in Jerusalem, to donors and funding agencies in line with donor requirements and templates.
- Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Executive director and internal auditor in the central office in Jerusalem.
- Responsible for overall control of expenditure against budget for all projects. He/ She will provide to NECC Management and program staff regular and accurate financial reports and analysis to inform timely and cost-effective project management and decision-making.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; train NECC staff in these policies.
- Ensure compliance with NECC financial policies and procedures, including procedures for electronic data storage, backups, and security.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to NECC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
• This position supervises assistant accountant and petty cash officer in the Gaza office
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in accounting is required. Professional qualification in accountancy such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis (including presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders).
- Nonprofit experience, with experience with fund/grants accounting and experience from an international NGO is Preferred ;
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial
reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical
financial data into informative reports.
• Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
• Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
• Excellent oral and written English and Arabic skills.
• Previous knowledge of BISAN and El – Aseel Accounting System is preferred.
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills.
• A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels and different backgrounds.
• Good analytical skills are essential.
• A problem solving and solution oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable
• Planning skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given
• Approachable and willingness to listen and assist finance and non-finance colleagues.
• Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours
• Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the financial management area.
8. Success Factors:
The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial as well as training capacity is required. An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with NECC and donor policies and procedures are essential.
9. To Apply for this position, please send your CV include three professional references with a cover letter to the below email no later than 5th December 2020, 01:00 P.M.: