Position Senior Communication and Media Officer- VNG International Palestinian Branch Office
Background of VNG International
VNG International (www.vng-international.nl) is the International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities. Our objective is to strengthen democratic local government, to support decentralization processes and to facilitate decentralized cooperation. We strengthen local governments, their associations, training institutes and decentralization task forces both in developing countries and in countries in transition.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the officer are:
- To develop interpersonal communication and tailored customer service mentoring for selected Municipalities trainings.
- To organize and maintain all training materials and manuals;
- To execute those trainings;
- To prepare performance assessments for all trainees during and upon completion of a course and conduct audits of all work processed by trainees in the training environment;
- Documenting results achieved and progress made;
- Draft media publications and materials including information dissemination and layout design as indicated in the project plan.
- Ensure the delivery of activities and product as per the project communication strategy.
- Ensure regular flow of information with all stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- To assist in the organization and support of communication events: preparing materials, organizing meetings, and reporting.
Senior Communication and Media Officer will work in VNG International Palestine’s office
S/he will report to Programs’ Managers at VNG International Palestine office on a regular basis on findings and progress of the areas s/he will be responsible for. S/he will ensure that a proper level of information prior to, during and after the activity is provided to the PMs.
S/he will work in close collaboration with the local team, the Projects’ Managers, the (international) Experts and VNG International Project managers to ensure alignment of the activities;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The minimum qualifications and skills of the officer designated for this assignment are as follows:
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Journalism, Social Sciences (e.g. Sociology, Psychology Citizen Participation, Communication, behavioral change);
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Windows & MS Office);
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in interpersonal communication and customer service training, preferably in the combination with (local) government;
- Proven experience with interpersonal communication, customer service, social accountability, setting up and facilitating technical assistance and capacity building initiatives;
- Strong planning, coordination and organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills; and an outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work pro-actively and under time constraints, as well as to work self-motivated.
- Must be a team player and be prepared to work under pressure
- Solid command of English & Arabic. Excellent interactive facilitation skills. Good organizational skills; Excellent social, communication and networking skills, both oral and in writing; Pro-active, representative and flexible attitude.
Period of the initial contract
One year with possibility of extension including an extendable three months' probation period.
Place of the assignment
VNG International Office, Palestine
Qualified candidates should send the following:
- An updated CV including three professional references.
- A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position.
To the following email addresses: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications is: Sunday, Feb. 17th 2019 COB. Please indicate the position title as "Communication Officer" in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
VNG International is an equal opportunities employer.