Zimam (“reins” or “taking the initiative” in Arabic) is a pioneering grassroots youth organization that challenges the status quo. Taking a domestic approach to conflict resolution, we work with the leaders of tomorrow to build a more democratic, actively engaged and pluralistic society.
We work across nine governorates in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem. We do what we do because we believe that our communities deserve better and because we trust that Palestinians have the talent and capabilities to make real change.
Inspired and driven by values of democracy, pluralism, non-violence and responsibility, we are building the foundations for a prosperous future. A future where we live in a sovereign and prosperous Palestinian state free from occupation.
We are seeking a ‘senior advancement associate’ to join Zimam’s fast-growing community in Palestine and internationally. The ideal candidate is a natural leader, creative thinker, self-starter, team player, and dynamic individual who can meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and has exceptional management skills, with an eye for detail and genuine interest in the mission and values of Zimam. The position sits at the intersection of communications and development and requires high-level stakeholder management both in Palestine and internationally. The role is based in Ramallah with frequent travel across the country, and will be working closely with the Zimam management team.
- Manage relationships with partners and stakeholders in Palestine to increase support for Zimam on the one hand and deepen impact on the other;
- Lead fundraising trips in the US, UK and Europe;
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts and foundations;
- Build relationships with major donors or companies;
- Manage the organization’s database and keep it up-to-date with regular fundraising activities;
- Develop and organising fundraising campaigns and events;
- Manage the organizational budget and ensure that targets are met;
- Help streamline reporting internally and externally.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international relations, middle eastern studies or related field;
- 3-5 years experience in stakeholder management, communications or fundraising;
- Native-like proficiency in English and Arabic;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to multitask, learn and process information quickly while maintaining meticulous attention to detail;
- Advanced research skills and an ability to produce complex pieces of writing;
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Canva or similar graphic design tools;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse local and international staff;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritise and work independently as well as function as a team;
- Strong analytical skills, general research and logistical support experience, ability to distil complex information into clear messaging for online audiences;
Please send a cover letter (or a video in English), explaining how you are a good fit for the position, and a resume to [email protected] with 'senior advancement associate' in the subject line. We will contact only those candidates whose professional experience and background meet our requirements.
Zimam provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.