تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع / غزه عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
Senior Admin and Finance control specialist
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Project Management Unit in Gaza invites experienced & qualified Palestinian to apply for the following position in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
The proposed Project contributes indirectly to the twin objectives of eradicating extreme poverty and sharing prosperity by improving the quality of life of about 400,000 residents in northern Gaza through the provision of wastewater treatment services, including the protection of communities against the risk of floods from uncontrolled wastewater reservoirs, and by creating economic opportunities for productive use of treated effluent. Well-managed wastewater infrastructure in northern Gaza is at the core of a healthy life and to ensuring high quality environment services for present and future generations. The project will also protect lives, infrastructure, and economic activities from the risk of flooding from uncontrolled wastewater reservoirs in northern Gaza. At the same time, the project will provide opportunities for sustainable water reuse in agriculture and the industry, while recuperating the quality of groundwater resources.
The proposed project is aligned with the World Bank Group (WBG) Assistance Strategy (AS) for the WB&G FY18-21. The project builds on Pillars 1 and 3 of the Strategy by strengthening water service institutions with a focus on citizen engagement (including women and vulnerable groups) and government accountability, under Pillar 3, as well as to the updated 2019 MENA Regional Strategy by addressing the social contract between citizens and the government through the delivery of basic services.
- Component 1: Support the continued operation of the NGWMF (US$7.1 million
- Component 2: Rehabilitation and upgrade of the NGWMF to improve efficiency build resiliency and address emergencies (US$3.4 million).
- Component 3: Capacity building for sustainability of wastewater services (US$2.2 million).
- Component 4: Project management and implementation support (US$1.0 million).
- Component 5: Contingency Emergency Response Component (US$0.0 million
- Review and audit all administrative and financial documents, including PMU employees’ salaries, tax files and statements, tender and procurement files related to projects financed by donors to ensure implementation of all policies and procedures in accordance with the rules, regulations and instructions;
- Ensure that the executed disbursement / receivables of the donors funds are correct in accordance with the financial and administrative regulations by ensuring that all supporting documents are available, and consulting with managers to address all shortcomings;
- Review the financial reports prepared by the Financial Specialists and the Auditing Financial Statement Audit Reports and Management Letters are prepared and submitted in accordance with the financing agreements requirements;
- Evaluating the applied financial and administrative procedures as explained in the Project Implementation Manual and defined in the financing agreement and submitting recommendations in coordination with the concerned staff to make the necessary improvements and amendments;
- Reviewing and auditing the Projects funds’ balances and their conformity with computer balances and auditing all accounts related to projects financed by donors and implemented by the PMU;
- Make periodic site visits to ensure the progress of work according to the procedures followed and update plans and programs when needed;
- Keeping, archiving and updating all data, documents and related reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in public auditing, business administration or accounting.
- General practical experience for not less than 7 years, including 2 years in the field of tenders and Procurement, and 2 years in auditing governmental or public entities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Good command of English language, reading and conversation.
The Senior Admin and Finance control specialist will report to the Project Manager and to the PMU General Director
Time Frame and Contract
- The duration of the assignment is one year – renewable to the full period of the project - on a full-time basis. The expected start date for the position is 15 April 2021.
The CV’s and the supporting documents should be sent before 05 /04/2021 to the email address below:
For more clarification, please do not hesitate in contacting the us during working hours (8:00 am-15:00pm).
Tel: 08 2644071
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted