West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
The West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity (The ACA), funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities, is seeking to hire a Senior Accountant; the ACA aims to increase citizens’ participation in civic life and support their efforts to advocate for positive changes, foster social and political advancement, and improve overall living conditions and prosperity. The ACA will support the civil society sector, Palestinian citizens, media organizations, and other relevant stakeholders to become more active in civic life, decision-making, and advocacy for citizens’ rights and demands.
The position will be responsible for implementing Global Communities financial & and administration policies and procedures and assist the supervisor in managing the process of all matters related to finance and administration in supporting the ACA. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision, one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience, and all people thrive.
- Maintaining accurate financial records in the accounting system on a daily basis and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and the organization's FFAM.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a weekly basis.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly VAT and donor reports, as well as any other requested reports.
- Reviewing and processing payments, ensuring accuracy and compliance with organization and donor policies and procedures.
- Preparing the checks and transfers to vendors, suppliers, and partners.
- Managing petty cash fund; disbursement, reconciliation, maintaining accurate recodes, controlling expenses, and ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper archiving and maintenance of financial transaction records and master files for review.
- Maintain sound financial management systems in line with USAID contracts rules and regulations, Global Communities’ policies and procedures, and accounting principles.
- Assist in managing the project budget, ensuring all costs incurred by the program are accounted for and in compliance with USAID, GC, and applicable local laws.
- Managing the payroll process, including calculating ACA employees' salaries and deductions, in compliance with relevant laws and procedures.
- Ensuring accurate income tax withholding and timely payments to the MoF.
- Calculating ACA employee fringe benefits, severance pay, and fringe bonuses and ensuring they are accurately reflected in the payroll.
- Collaborating with the external auditors to prepare the audit sample and provide requested information.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountant, Finance, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, working with international development organizations is preferred.
- At least two years of financial management experience in a USG-funded program, preferably under a USG contract modality of similar size, is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of relevant local laws, regulations, and policies is required.
- Evidence of practical oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and analytical skills. Experience with generally accepted accounting practices and principles;
- Excellent command of Excel and other database applications.
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than Thursday, November 02, 2023, indicating the position title and location.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Global Communities holds strict safeguarding principles and has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. In the process of recruitment, selection, and appointment, Global Communities will conduct robust reference and background screening checks, including international vetting as a signature of the Global Misconduct Disclosure Scheme to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded, and abuse is prevented. The incumbent is required to carry out their duties in accordance with Global Communities Safeguarding policy and the Standards of Conduct