The Security Officer will support the safety and security of the Rapid Response Activty team and ensure compliance with MSI and Tetra Tech Duty of Care Standards in close coordination with the MSI Headquarters (HQ) Security Team. The Security Officer will be supervised by the Chief of Party and will be based in Ramallah.
Context Monitoring and Analysis
- Continually monitor and analyze security conditions in the West Bank in general, and more specifically in the areas where the program works (Jenin, Nablus), via local media, security reports, and first-hand information collected from field-based staff and local partners/contacts.
- Help assess security risks that may impact staff movements and safety in different parts of the country and communicate them in a timely manner to ensure real-time decision-making and up-to date situational awareness, as well as inform program strategy and field operations.
- Compile and submit regular reports that track incidents and trends in and local security contexts within MSI’s areas of operation.
Field Travel and Journey Management
- Conduct risk assessments of all proposed field travel areas and develop corresponding risk mitigation plans for each trip.
- Monitor field travel in real time and provide timely guidance, advice, and emergency support.
- Conduct all necessary preparations, as outlined in MSI security plans and procedures, to prepare staff for site visits and field travel.
Develop and Implement Security Assessments, Plans and Procedures
- Develop and maintain all project standard operating procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity.
- Ensure the continued relevance and consistent implementation of Standard Operating Procedures related to the safety and security of all team members in coordination with COP and MSI HQ Global Security Team.
- Evaluate, review and update project security plans, risk assessments, and contingency plans on a regular basis. Ensure compliance with MSI and Tetra Tech Duty of Care Standards.
- Evaluate, review and update the hibernation and evacuation plans for MSI locations in the West Bank and ensure that practical preparations are in place and known to all relevant staff.
- Conduct risk assessments of prospective offices and residences. Follow up on actions to be taken to ensure compliance with safety and security standards.
Communication and Incident Reporting
- Develop and implement a project incident reporting procedure. Ensure COP/DCOP and the HQ Security Team and other relevant staff are informed of all incidents and follow up actions.
- Provide and implement best possible solutions for use of equipment to facilitate communication between staff, including proposing safe means of communication.
- Liaise with relevant security actors e.g., IP security staff, security forces, local community stakeholders, local authorities.
- Undertake continual assessments of communication equipment, and the protocols by which that equipment is used.
- Provide regular briefings to relevant staff and partners on the security situation and mitigation measures.
Training and Capacity Building
- Provide regular training for MSI staff on a broad set of safety and security preparedness topics.
- Work with relevant staff to develop and implement training curriculums appropriate for current program operations and risks.
- Lead regular incident management team tabletop exercises.
- Work with relevant project staff to develop on-boarding packages and trainings for new hires.
- Coordinate external trainings (such as HEAT) as required.
- The position will be supervised by the COP in close coordination with the DCOP as well for security operational and administrative issues. The position will also closely work with the HQ Global Security team.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- 5 or more years of experience in security management and oversight of security platforms required.
- Must have experience working in the West Bank; experience working with State Department and/or USAID implementing partners in high-risk environments preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing security strategies, policies, procedures, and standards required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to produce high-quality written reports with minimal/no supervision or support, including: Threat, Risk, and Vulnerability Assessments, Security Surveys, Security Audits, and Contingency Planning required.
- Determination, commitment, efficiency creativity and adaptability required.
- Excellent communication skills as well as: a) proactive problem-solving abilities independently and with teams, b) a strong service orientation, and c) inter-personal skills, self-awareness and emotional intelligence required.
- High level of computer literacy, including thorough knowledge of all MS Office applications, particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Fluency in Arabic and proficiency in English required.