Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Security Officer to provide support to Forsah USAID-funded Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) activities by ensuring the safety and security of program operations. They will monitor operational contexts, manage security information and incident reporting, and advise/train on safety and security protocols.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Daily Tasks
- Gather, process, and analyze relevant security information in support of the program, identifying trends of threats and security incidents affecting personnel, assets, and operations.
- Advise program staff in all security and safety related issues which could negatively affect programs implementation. Execute of responsibilities with regard to the security of program staff and property.
- Prepare and revise security risk assessments, drafting reports on security analysis; develop and maintain a system for classifying and storing sensitive information and mapping of security incidents.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of security and contingency plans; ensure that plans are current and implementable.
- Maintain regular and close contact with HQ security team.
- Develop and maintain contacts with the national law enforcement and security agencies with a view to obtaining the best possible protection for staff and property. Co-operating closely on security issues with other international organizations operating in West Bank and Gaza.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationship with colleagues, consortium partners, and network of program stakeholders.
- Contribute to timely and accurate reporting and other deliverables to USAID.
- Ensure physical security of office space, staff, and resources; investigate suspicious activity.
- Investigate, as appropriate, and report on cases in which staff have been the victim of criminal acts, traffic accidents and other security related incidents.
- Maintain ongoing evaluation of resources for use in emergencies.
- Serve as point of contact for security from program staff and partners.
- Conducting regular appropriate exercises (e.g., fire drills, communications tests) to ensure staff preparedness for emergencies.
- Provide assistance to staff in need.
- Coordinate and support security and office administration.
- Ensuring that program team and partners are kept informed on matters affecting their security and brief new staff. Ensure that health and safety practices are followed and updated.
- Ensure that appropriate level of confidentiality is maintained with regard to security matters.
- Respond to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives.
- Monitor assigned activities for security challenges; work with colleagues and partners to address or adapt to security challenges.
- Other support duties as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, social science, or any other relevant field or be a graduate of a police/military academy, equivalent to a university degree.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety in West Bank and Gaza.
- Training in First Aid, self-defense, and/or similar emergency response skills preferable.
- Understanding of the economic, educational, and youth contexts in Palestine.
- Computer skills with practical experience in Microsoft packages; Familiarity with report writing and presentation development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrate professional and ethical, behavior when interacting with partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Attention to detail, reliability, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to plan, prioritize, and effectively track and manage information.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks and projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, NGOs, donors, the private sector, and community-based institutions.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic.
- Palestinian citizenship or residency with work authorization.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.