Date: 2 Aug 2023
Location: East Jerusalem, Middle East and North Africa, PS
Company: British Council
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
To provide support to the Country Director Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT) in delivering against their responsibilities for the safety and security of British Council staff and others for whom we have a duty of care, and for it’s assets, operations and reputation in so far as these might be impacted by security issues. To manage the security and health and safety of British Council staff to British Council corporate standards and relevant polices/ procedures and protocols are met. To ensure that team performance adds value to the delivery of objectives and to ensure that business continuity risks are identified, monitored, managed and controlled.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Jerusalem based.
• Holds Israeli driving licence.
• Proven track record in security and safety delivery.
• Ability to work in English; written to CEFR B1, spoken to at least CEFR B2
• CEFR C1 in Arabic (written and spoken)
• CEFR B2 in Hebrew (desirable)
• Defensive driver/armoured vehicle driver training (or express willingness to be trained in this area)
Other requirements: This role is open to candidates who have the right to work in the country.
Please note that all applications should be submitted only in English.
It is advisable to apply in advance to avoid any technical issues at the last moment.
Interseted and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now button below
• Role title: Security Manager Req ID: 38913
• Number of positions: 1
• Pay Band: 6/G
• Contract type: Fixed term local contract of one year
• Location: Palestinian Territories
• Closing date and time: 16 August 2023 (23.59 Gulf Standard Time)