with focus on
KfW projects “crisis prevention and response” in Gaza
KfW is one of the world’s leading and most experienced promotional banks. In 2020, KfW Banking Group total commitments stood at EUR 135.5 billion, of this EUR 51 billion went into activities to mitigate the economic impacts of the coronavirus pandemic in Germany and abroad. As an integral part of the KfW Banking Group, KfW Development Bank has been supporting the German Government in achieving its development policy and international cooperation goals for more than 50 years. Our role in German development cooperation is both that of an experienced bank and an institution specialising in development policy.
The headquarter of KfW is in Frankfurt, Germany. Besides there are 60 local offices that cooperate with partners all over the world including a local office for the Palestinian territories in Ramallah. KfW, on behalf of the German Government, is involved in promoting employment and education, the water sector and municipal development in the Palestinian territories. In addition, KfW also supports the reconstruction of housing destroyed by war in Gaza and infrastructure in Palestinian refugee camps.
The Sector Coordinator (SC) will support project identification, preparation and implementation in the context of crisis prevention and response. The regional focus is Gaza. The position will be based in Gaza City. The SC is working in close cooperation with the Director of KfW Office Ramallah, the Office Team Ramallah, the Sector and Country Teams at KfW Headquarter Frankfurt, especially the Sector Team Crisis Prevention and Response .
The following list of tasks is intended only to describe the range of responsibilities that may be performed and is not to be seen as an all-inclusive list. The omission of specific duties does not exclude it from the position if the work is comparable and/or related to the position.
Her/his responsibilities concern:
- Achieving, maintaining and sharing a thorough understanding of developments in the field of crisis prevention, response, refugee and resilience in Gaza, as well as activities of the other Development Partners (DPs) and the Humanitarian Community in that particular field.
- Regularly liaising with the UN agencies (i.e. UNRWA and UNDP) and other KfW partners within its programmes in order to be at all times updated on the progress of the activities, the achievement of the programmes´ results frameworks and to be aware of problems that might require KfW’s intervention and/or assistance.
- Continuously following- up of ongoing FC- projects with the implementing/ executing agencies and local project partners.
- Providing logistic support to missions from KfW Office Ramallah and/or KfW Headquarters, consultants and experts in the conducting of studies and other assignments.
- Participating in meetings in Gaza (in coordination with and upon advice by the Office Director) related to the area of assignment and reporting to the Office Director and the Sector Teams on the outcome of such meetings.
- (Remote) participation in internal meetings with KfW Office Ramallah and the Sector Teams in Frankfurt and active involvement in KfW-internal communication.
- Liaising with other DPs and local actors (NGOs) involved in the FC projects/programmes, as and when necessary.
- Compiling, elaborating and distributing of sector- specific and project- related data for FC- projects under preparation and implementation
- Undertaking field visits to FC project sites as and when assigned by the Office Director and providing feedback to the Office Director and the Sector Team on the findings of such visits
- Compiling information for project evaluations
- Liaising with refugee / resilience projects of GIZ (German Technical Cooperation) in Gaza
- Ad-hoc Support to preparation & implementation of KfW projects in Gaza in other cooperation sectors (currently water, energy, local development, financial sector and/or education/TVET) and close collaboration with the Coordinator of the relevant sector based in KfW Ramallah office.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualification and experience
- MBA or MS in Management, Engineering or related fields from a recognized university.
- Several years of work experience in project management in Gaza, desirable in the area of refugees, resilience and/or UN cooperation.
- Work experience in the area of development cooperation
- Ability to work independently and cooperate remotely with direct supervisor based in Ramallah as well as KfW office and project team based in Ramallah and Frankfurt/Germany
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Readiness and ability to quickly comprehend complex structures and processes, capability of analytical thinking;
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills, strong capacity for networking as well as teamwork.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office Package.
Start of assignment:
Expected start of assignment is January 2022
KfW is looking for a permanent assignment, the successful candidate will, however, initially be provided with a two-year contract including a six-month probation period. Remuneration will be competitive and line with the qualifications. Women are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application with CV, cover letter and two references via e-mail to [email protected] by September 24, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview. The advertiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without assigning any reasons whatsoever.