An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Section Head – Medical Records and Clinical Coding
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Section Head of Medical Records and Clinical Coding leads the day to day management within the Medical Records Section and oversees all aspects of departmental activities concerning clinical documentation integrity, accuracy and completeness of medical coding, and medical record maintenance and archiving; in collaboration with respective functions and services. The Section Head is held accountable for implementing hospital strategies in line with its mission and vision as well as in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and accreditation standards. In addition, the Section Head is expected to search for, develop and implement robust strategies to keep the section in the most efficient operational state with up to date practices and oversight techniques.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic and Business Development Level:
- Develop and execute the section’s strategic and business plan in line with hospital’s mission, vision, strategies and goals.
- Maintain the scope of service for the section and assign staff and resources accordingly.
- Collaborate with respective units and staff to ensure efficient management and operation of the section.
- Ensure Medical Records staff consistently meet productivity, timeliness, and quality standards established by the hospital.
- Prepare annual operating budget for the section.
- Research and suggest solutions to arising issues with medical records and clinical coding.
- Oversee the integrity of clinical documentation and report variations to the respective managers or stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain section’s policies, procedures and guidelines and ensure timely dissemination to end-users.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of medical record storage and retrieval.
- Evaluate staff performance including providing feedback for performance evaluations and quality assurance of workflows.
- Assist with the preparation of status reports, materials, and/or required documentation to senior management, committees, and the Board of Trustees, as needed.
- Prepare and submit to the Ministry of Health periodically required reports.
- Respond in timely fashion to requests for medical records by the Ministry of Health, the Legal System and payers.
- Provide training to section staff as well as hospital staff on medical records, clinical documentation, coding and archiving.
- Co-lead periodic medical record audits and reviews.
- Review coding practices and provide recommendations as needed.
- Participate in the planning and maintenance of hospital’s health information system.
- Oversee medical record storage and electronic archiving.
- Function as a resource for clinical coding.
- Adhere to hospital policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by superiors.
Continuous Learning and Professional Development:
- Participate in performance improvement initiatives at both the section and the hospital levels.
- Maintain current knowledge about organizational policies and procedures, governance structures, regulatory requirements, and applicable technologies.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders and continuously seek to build new positive relationships.
- Continuously seek new learning opportunities, advancing knowledge and skills to better support the section.
- Bachelor Degree in Health Information Management, healthcare related field, business administration or another related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification and/or training in medical records, clinical coding, or document management is preferred.
- At least five years of healthcare experience of which three years in managing medical records, health information management role, or comparable role.
- Clear understanding of medical records operations, clinical coding systems and document archiving.
- Knowledge of billing requirements by different payer types.
- Knowledge of clinical documentation requirements.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent use of the English language.
- Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Office, databases, health information systems, and financial systems.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Programming skill preferred.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
We thank all applicants for their interest to join An -Najah National University Hospital (NNUH), and everyone will be notified of the result of the employment application via email.
NNUH wishes everyone all the best in their professional endeavors
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 21 November, 2022