Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements and coordinates Belgium’s international development policy and primarily works for the Belgian State. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. Enabel has 1400 staff, of which more than 70% is local personnel. Enabel manages about 150 projects, mostly in fragile states in Africa.
As a Finance and Administrative officer
- The quality of the Financial and Administrative Management of the 'SAWA', Enhance Resilience for Micro- businesses and Create Sustainable livelihood Opportunities in the Gaza Strip.
- Compliance with local labour, fiscal and social regulations, as well as Enabel’s proper internal regulations
In order to:
- Ensure an accurate and timely financial reporting and the implementation of the financial processes in accordance with the instructions of the representation and the relevant local regulations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
As an Accountant
Ensure the quality of the financial and administrative management of SAWA project and compliance with the fiscal regulations, as well as Enabel own internal regulations and the EU Regulations. To provide reliable accounts and an optimal budget follow up.
Accountant - Key Tasks
- Be responsible for the filing of accounting records;
- Enter data in the accounting system (UBW);
- Be responsible for data matching;
- Execute payments and provide follow-up;
- Carry out appropriate checks;
- Manage cash;
- Handle VAT administrative matters;
- Monitor accounts of Enabel missions (invoicing) and project staff members;
- Manage project different Bank account
- Follow up and control of the daily and monthly accounting.
- Collecting, monitoring, certifying, filing and scanning of invoices.
- Ensure correct filling of all financial documents/accounting documents.
As a Finance Officer
Assist the project in their financial management and provide follow up on their accounting processes according to Enabel’s internal rules and local regulation. To make reliable and complete financial information available on time for the project, RR, HQ and EU.
Finance Officer - Key Tasks #1
- Support the team in applying the conditions under the European Union Contribution Agreement.
- Assist the National Intervention Manager and the team in preparing their financial planning needs.
- Ensure that accounting and financial reports/planning are prepared on time and shared timely with the Representation and EU;
- Establish the monthly financial reports;
- Support the intervention manager in preparing the grants agreements with the partners
- Financial follow up and close supervision on the partners to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the grant disbursement
- Prepare donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements
- Support the team in applying Enabel’s internal reporting system
Finance Officer - Key Tasks #2
- Audit and analyse programme expenses monthly, report any inconsistencies or irregularities.
- Control supporting accounting documents on quality and completeness and follow up on corrections.
- Consult and monitor financial issues related to technical programme objectives (e.g. transfer of scholarship funds, accountability of beneficiaries and institutions)
- Prepare and provide training on financial management for stakeholders
- Follow up the implementations of audit recommendations;
Finance Officer - Key Tasks #3
- Follow up and update of budget; Compare budget and planning with actual expenses;
- Provide monthly overview of budget balance to management and technical teams
- Support the development of budget modification proposals;
- Any other tasks reasonably requested
- As Adminstrative Officer:
- Responsible for Project Procurement.
- Follow up the office inventory and ensure that the inventory list of the project is up to date and correct.
- Maintaining an up to date filing system.
Level of Education Required for the Job
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Business Economy.
Master’s degree in Finance/Business Administration will be highly given preference
Experience Required for the Job
- At least 5 years of experience in financial management and accounting with INGOs
- Extensive experience in financial management, financial forecasting and reporting
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of running and managing automated accounting and financial management system
- Experience in grants and contract management, and substantive knowledge of EU policies will be highly desirable
Technical Skills Required for the Job
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both oral and written.
- Able to work under stressful conditions, flexible and willing to perform field missions.
- Good report writing in both languages.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Disposition of a team player
- Mastery of the most widely used computer software (MS Office);
- Good knowledge of computerised accounting tools (ERP is an asset);
- Knowledge of international cooperation or development cooperation is an asset;
Apply online by clicking on Apply Now-تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 20/02/2020.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.