An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is inviting qualified applicants for:
Safety and Emergency Management Officer
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates independently and in collaboration with other department hospital wide activities regarding regulatory compliance, policy and performance improvement. He/she also works collaboratively with the Corporate, Administrative, Clinical and Medical Staff leadership, Compliance Officer, Patient Safety Officer, key stakeholders, and other hospital leadership.
- Administers and maintains all Environment of Care programs in accordance with standards and criteria established by NNUH.
- Conducts building and rounds surveillance surveys on a periodic basis to detect code violations, hazards and inappropriate work processes and procedures. Reviews accident reports and investigations and makes recommendations to maintain a hazard free environment.
- Maintains and oversee all grounds and equipment pertaining to the environment of care.
- Assesses and conducts risk assessments that proactively evaluate the impact of buildings, grounds, equipment, occupants, and internal physical systems on patient and public safety. Make effective recommendations for action and correction.
- Conducts investigations of incidents of property damage, occupational illness, and patient, personnel, or visitor injury relative to unsafe conditions in the environment of care. Make effective recommendations for action and correction.
- Maintains and tests policies and procedures for evacuating the facility when the environment of care cannot support adequate patient care and treatment.
- investigates utility systems management problems, failures, or user errors and incidents and recommend corrective actions where necessary.
- Assists with exercises, drills, training and support of the Emergency Management Program.
- Manage, tracks and approves expenses for disaster response and the emergency management budget.
- Maintains databases and information necessary for compliance with JCI.
- Plans, directs, documents and executes exercises and drills including after action reports and improvement plans.
- Analyzes identified environment of care safety management issues and develop or approve recommendations for resolving them and work with appropriate staff to implement recommendations and monitor effectiveness.
- Oversees the development, revision, implementation and evaluation of hospital wide plans, procedures, and policies.
- Creates and revises safety policies for the organization; advises on departmental policies to keep them congruent with corporate policies.
- Directs an ongoing, hospital -wide process to collect information concerning deficiencies and opportunities for improvement in environment of care management programs.
- Collects and analyzes data to follow hospital approach to improve organizational performance.
- Promotes quality improvement, patient and staff safety, and cultural diversity through department operations and by personal performance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Safety Officer or similar role, experience in a hospital facility is preferred.
- New Employee Orientation and Departmental training assistance for safety matters, as directed.
- Facilitates staff training and education sessions directed at Safety practices and policies as well as educate departments on corporate Safety performance, documentation, orientation, and continuing education expectations.
- Provides guidance and direction on emergency preparedness training, exercises, drills and community involved programs.
- Provide training materials, classes, and updates for necessary departmental training including Joint Commission, Emergency Management and other new requirements as directed or as necessary due to risk assessment.
- Environment of Care Rounds: Organize, schedule, and conduct weekly rounds ensuring all locations are surveyed. Conduct periodic Joint Commission compliance surveys.
- Local Fire Department, Insurance Company Inspections: Participate in whole building inspections. Create work orders from list of deficiencies. Follow up on work order completion and communicate back on progress and completion of work.
- Investigate Complaints and Safety Issues: Respond to callers or emails. Provide documentation as necessary. Seek assistance as necessary in solving problems.
- Maintain updated Safety Binder information.
- Maintain databases and information necessary for compliance with JCI.
- Position requires on-call availability for emergency situations.
- Represent Safety Department at various internal and external committees and meetings.
- Perform Other duties as assigned.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 20 October, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest to join An -Najah National University Hospital (NNUH), and everyone will be notified of the result of the employment application via email.
NNUH wishes everyone all the best in their professional endeavors.