Title: Safety Officer
Location: Gaza, Tulkarem, Yatta
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Safety Officer will be responsible for overseeing the strict implementation of the Safety Policies adopted and set for implementation under the project. The Safety Officer is expected to have excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate and communicate with the Project Construction Manager, other technical members of the project and program team and the contractors whose services are engaged to execute the various projects activities.
The Safety Officer must have exceptional reporting and writing skills under considerable time constraints and while balancing multiple priorities.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Ensure Personnel Safety of all parties (engineers, contractors personnel, authorized visitors, public…etc.) at construction sites, through overseeing that construction safety practices are properly implemented by contractors at sites.
- Review and comment on Contractor’s safety plans and relevant submittals.
- Develop and conduct employee safety and health training programs, and new employee orientation.
- Monitor and oversee contractor safety program and safety professionals.
- Responsible for inspecting construction site conditions to determine if hazards are present and to establish procedures and policies to overcome those hazardous situations.
- Ensure the necessary documentation for workplace injury at a construction site.
- Conducts incident, injury/illness and near miss investigations; Issue Safety notices on site.
- Writes detailed investigation and safety and health progress reports.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
- Conducts routine as well as ad hoc site safety and health inspections.
- Establish construction inspection and test plan, and track inspections/actions identified.
- Any other duties related to Safety as may be requested by SES.
- An undergraduate degree in related field with minimum experience of 4 years of working on construction sites, preferably where construction safety requirements were implemented.
- Have had some training related to construction site safety preferably on safety training modules provided by OSHA.
- Very Good command of English language is needed with excellent reporting skills is a must.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in addition to strong personality and leadership skills.
- Experience in implementation of construction safety policies.
Fluent in Arabic, excellent English speaking and writing skills.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than Monday, August 18, 2018 by submitting their CV, Cover Letter explaining why you are interested and qualified for the position and a list of three professional references to [email protected]
Please clearly indicate in the subject line “Safety Officer” and for which location you are applying for (Gaza, Tulkarem or Yatta). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are included in the email, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
SES is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operation. We strive to reflect these goals in our mission and in our workplace. SES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our company.