Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit www.caritasjr.org.
Caritas Jerusalem is committed to ensuring that all individuals we encounter through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by Caritas Internationalis Management Standards (CIMS). We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and always adhere to Caritas Jerusalem Code of Conduct Policies and values. Team members are required to sign the Code of Conduct upon hire and be trained on the Safeguarding Policy.
For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Rural Animator
Contract Period: 12 months, with the possibility of extension(s).
Location: Zababdeh – Jenin Governorate
Starting date: ASAP
The program titled “ Social Cohesion and greater resilience of rural communities in Jenin governorate”, located in Jenin Governorate in Palestine aims at enhancing the resilience and wellbeing of rural communities with a focus on youth and women. The approach is based on a “triple nexus” linking 3 complementary areas: social cohesion, rural economy, and disaster risk reduction. It proposes to foster local dynamics for improved economic development and social cohesion. Local communities with their specific heritage and own resources are indeed the main actors of change and the first responders in emergencies. First, Caritas Jerusalem will set up and accompany 4 Local Action Groups (LAGs), providing a dialogue framework for all local stakeholders including the most vulnerable. The LAGs’ members will exchange on common issues, but also formulate and defend their rights and explore concrete solutions. They will be offered grants for joint good projects and advocacy support to increase citizens’ quality of life and their capacities to mobilize for change. Second, the objective is to expand and diversify rural communities’ incomes and ensure their sustainability. Farmers’ organizations and CSOs will be supported with organizational and investment support. The employability of youngsters will be strengthened by providing vocational training, internship opportunities, and access to hubs for entrepreneurship and innovation. Third, Palestine is the scene of a chronic humanitarian crisis. The security and mobility of its inhabitants are being threatened and their land is at the risk of confiscation. Communities will have better resources to analyze, mitigate and recover from crises. The LAGs will update and coordinate municipal contingency plans while farmers’ organizations will receive equipment for improved emergency preparedness. Eventually, learning will be ensured by a horizontal dialogue between the LAGs and through action research on agroecology to demonstrate its relevance for food security and emergency preparedness, and peer exchanges.
The Rural Animator will coordinate, monitor, and consult activities planned within the Coherence program, in compliance with the given logic of the intervention described in the approved program documents, in compliance with Caritas rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Projects Coordinator and other project team members in planning and implementing project activities such as organizing communication workshops, youth & Women empowerment, and advocacy activities. This is done in cooperation with our local partners and established Local Action Groups.
- Participate in drafting documents such as raising awareness materials, official communications letters, Term of References, project proposals, questionnaires, RFPs, tenders, budgets, cash flows, and schedules;
- Ensure the activities under his/her responsibility are running smoothly;
- Oversee the process of applications and selection of the small-scale and initiatives projects of mainly young and Women people applying for their small-scale projects.
- Oversee the implementation of the small-scale projects of the selected beneficiaries.
- Be an excellent team player and know how to motivate team members and how to access their resources.
- Readiness and openness to work with all targeted local government units (municipalities and village councils).
- Monitor the project and be the spokesperson of the project.
- Compile narrative reports and ensure their preparation in a timely manner as per Caritas and donor`s requirements.
- Oversee the project budget for the project including procurement of goods and services and tracking of financial and material resources.
- Conduct regular communication and coordination of activities under his/her supervision.
- Organize regular meetings with the local Municipal Coordinators and Mentors of Young Professionals to coordinate and implement project activities, and to keep on track.
- Contribute to the overall success of the project team and undertake other tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Senior Projects Coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, development studies, or any related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience in project management.
- Advanced skills in planning, decision-making, critical thinking, oral and written communication, facilitation, and coordination.
- Very good skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and internet-based services.
- Teamwork, communication skills, and flexibility to travel and during working hours.
- Experience in collaboration with government institutions, international organizations, and NGOs in education, culture, social development, youth & women, or related fields.
- Languages: Excellent command of English & Arabic, and very good command of the French language is an asset.
- Working experience in rural areas, preferably in the field of food security, youth/young & women people, and development cooperation crosscutting with advocacy and gender equality.
- An excellent communicator and networker.
- Open-minded, open to change, high flexibility, can deal with psychological stress in a challenging environment, and high ability to negotiate with stakeholders and officials of different backgrounds in Jenin.
- Hardworking personality, resilient.
- Good networking skills.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Candidates must have a valid driving license.
- Preference will be given to Jenin area residents.
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, July 17th, 2022, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.