Post location: West Bank Country Office – Ramallah with frequent travel to Gaza
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 2 years and based on availability of funds
The role holder is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of Risk, Internal Control and Compliance, Internal Audit, and Fraud in the oPt country office (CO). The role is a critical 2nd line of control for the organisation and requires independent and objective staff. The role will therefore report into the Country Director (CD) with a dotted line into the Regional Risk and Compliance Leader who has a dotted line into the Global Risk Director.
The Risk and Compliance Manager is accountable for assessing, monitoring, and mitigating both internal and external risks across the oPt Country Programme. Developing high quality approaches and systems, the role works closely with function/department leads and other senior staff, ensuring effective monitoring and response to external risks, associated with: local government and authorities, compliance with policy and regulations, and legal and local political issues. Collaborating with teams across the country programme, the SCI Regional Office, Global Assurance and Centre for relevant areas, the role will also ensure that high quality, effective systems are in place to monitor and respond to internal risks, associated with but not limited to: partnerships and local NGO relationships, compliance with Save the Children (SCI) policy and regulation, child safe guarding, fraud, and corruption. Additionally, as a member of the oPt Senior Management Team (SMT), the Risk and Compliance Manager contributes to the overall strategic leadership of the country programme, participating in all SMT processes and leading on relevant SMT tasks.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Country Director
Dotted Line: Regional Risk and Compliance Lead
Role Dimensions: oPt CO is a high complexity country, multi-member interest, with an annual budget of around $10m, and approximately 70 staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Risk Identification and Assessment:
Provide functional expertise to support the organisation’s risk identification and assessment processes. Utilise detailed knowledge of Board risk appetite to ensure that it is fully embedded and operationalised within the organisation. The individual will:
- Be country expert in SCI Risk Framework tools and techniques (including Jort/RMP/ Datix/Aid diversion framework).
- Provide expert insight support to award risk assessments (ARAs).
- Acts as a risk focal point with the SCI risk network.
- Facilitate risk management processes and sit on Country Risk Management Committee, chaired by the Director of Programme Operations (DPO).
Risk Prevention, Control and Mitigation:
Provide support to ensure risk prevention measures are fit for purpose. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide training to staff on key control and compliance risk prevention measures.
- Train staff/partners on fraud prevention.
- Provide expert support on internal control/mitigation design for new projects or processes.
- Provide surge support for risk prevention expertise to humanitarian incidents/escalations.
Control and Mitigation Testing Compliance:
- Provide compliance checks/ audit reviews to provide assurance on key risk management controls’.
- Annual work plan of compliance / spot checks/audit reviews on key management controls i.e. field office audits, vetting spot checks.
- Review/attend key control meetings/ process and ensure that they are working & provide contextualised input i.e. Finance Control Compliance meeting.
Incident Response/ Investigations (fraud/multi-faceted):
- Provide independent reporting of risk, incidents & investigations.
- Independent reporting of risk vs appetite and management of escalations as appropriate.
- Independent reporting of incidents in Datix that affect ability of an organisation to achieve its objectives.
- Lead /coordinator of fraud & multi-faceted investigations.
- Fraud – focal point/ investigator training.
- Whistle blowing service provision & follow up.
- Supporting the CD as the owner of the Datix system.
Action Tracking and Assurance:
- Track progress of risk actions so CD can provide appropriate annual assurance on risks.
- Track audit/ investigation findings.
- Coordinate assurance documentation and risk appetite status to complete risk assurance letter.
Country Programme Leadership:
- Directly advise the CD of any changes in the internal or external risk environment, identifying specific risks and potential mitigation plans and actions.
- Be innovative. Explore new areas/methodology to cover unreached i.e. where assurance is not adequately provided by any review.
- Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our broad spectrum programming values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors.
- Support the design and implementation of a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices.
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with: host government authorities, donors, partner agencies including major institutional donors, and local and international NGOs as requested, delegated, and authorized by the CD.
- Ensure that the oPt office complies with all Save the Children policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Framework where applicable.
- Ensure that the required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, working closely with the CD.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to:
- Ensure that the required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, working closely with the Regional Office.
- In close coordination with SMT members and different stakeholders stand accountable for CO Risk & Compliance and Safeguarding plans, implementation and deliverance in accordance with CO strategic plan, objectives and milestones, timeframes and budget.
Responsible for the preparation of timely and high quality progress reports, Risk and Compliance reports, and co-lead on CO risk management plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• At minimum, Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Accounting, Law, or other related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 3 years spent working at the NGO or commercial sectors at a senior level.
- Experience in fraud awareness and case investigation management.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics.
- Broad spectrum of programming experience, with strong analytical skills.
- Experience of working effectively, independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to have a highly strategic focus, whilst dealing competently with operational matters.
- Strong relationship builder with a proven track record in forming good business partnerships and utilising collaborative approaches.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to take initiative and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Available to travel frequently to all country locations.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic.
- Experience in audit management.
- Experience of working within challenging environments;
- Knowledge of the local and international control and legal framework affecting operations in oPt.
- Experience with Save the Children systems (e.g. AMS, Agresso, Datix, etc.).
Experience within an INGO, ideally at a country office level, or similar other organisation working with vulnerable communities and children or with similar experience within Save the Children.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Employee Status: Permanent
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة