Al-Ard for Agricultural Development is a Palestinian civil society organization engaged in strengthening and empowering the Palestinian farmer to acquire the capacity of accessing his/her natural resources and basic rights.
Our organization’s main focus target groups are vulnerable farmers in poor and remote communities (including male/female small farmers and youth farmers). At Al-Ard, we attach special importance to youth farming groups. Thanks to their high energy and enthusiastic approach, we believe that the youth are the most important working engine for change and movement of societies towards improving their economic and social conditions and ultimately eliminating poverty, as we believe that poverty is not inevitable.
The Development Officer works and reports to the Executive Director in developing and maintaining a growing organization, by focusing on donor solicitation and expanding Al-Ard’s prospects.
- Focus on donor solicitation by identifying prospects, designing and initiating strategies, and producing materials, proposals, and applications as needed.
- Uphold the Mission Statement and Core Values of the Al-Ard.
- Meet annual fundraising goals per the development strategic operating plan.
- Develop strategic briefing and communication materials
- Maintain the integrity of donor relationships, including the understanding of the needs and interests of major donors.
- Coordinate events required to interact with donors (conferences, receptions, dinners, etc.)
- Provide regular fundraising updates to Executive Director and Board.
- To work with the Executive Director on developing the advocacy strategy and implementing its activities.
- To assist in preparing English publications, brochures, pamphlets, and profiles of Al-Ard, as well as assist in preparing Al-Ard’s annual report.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Compassion and commitment to the mission and goals of Al-Ard.
- Upbeat, positive, and energetic approach to work.
- Skill with databases and presentations
- Ability to work both independently and on team projects with a diverse constituency of staff and donors.
- Excellent interpersonal and conceptual skills for the promotion of economic and social development.
- Knowledge of local community development principles in Palestine.
- Familiarity with the rights-based approach to development.
- Ability to set priorities, meet specific objectives, and use knowledge.
- Track record in fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required, along with 5+ years and a proven track record in raising funds in for NGOs.
- Results-driven with highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent oral presentation, and written skills – especially correspondence with donors and prospects.
- Excellent computer skills (including, MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent English skills (writing and speaking).
If you find that you fit the above qualifications and would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV (updated) and titled “Resources Development Officer” to [email protected].