Project: Technology for Youth and Jobs -TechStart TF0B2944
Expected start date: ASAP
Level of effort: Full time
Location: Ramallah, Palestine
Duration: One Year renewable - Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA)
Palestine Technology for Youth and Jobs Project-TechStart is the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology (MTIT) Project funded by the World Bank (WB) and implemented by DAI Global UK as the Project Implementation Agency (PIA).
TechStart is a five-year, US$15 million project with the objective of increasing economic opportunities for IT service firms in the West Bank and Gaza. It also falls under the World Bank’s overarching objective to alleviate market failures related to gaps and binding constraints in the entrepreneurship ecosystem of the digital economy including in human capital, financing, product markets, enabling policies, institutional support, connectivity and competitiveness of Palestinian IT services sector.
The project has three technical components:
- Component 1 will strengthen the capabilities of firms and their workforces, addressing the capability shortfalls, information asymmetries, and other factors that dissuade firms from investing in capacity-building activities on their own. It targets firms and individuals that require upskilling to meet the need of buyers who expect suppliers to meet global standards.
- Component 2 will support the entry of new, complementary actors into the IT ecosystem, supporting the private sector to build the technology and business infrastructure that IT service companies rely on to compete, including finance. It targets private firms and entrepreneurs who already meet global standards.
- Component 3 will stimulate demand through international market linkages and will encourage foreign direct investment in the West Bank & Gaza.
- Component 4 will strengthen the capacity of the PIA and the MTIT by provision of management and implementation support to oversee the project
The National center for technological innovation & creativity is part of MTIT and currently oversees the implementation of the TechStart project. The center’s activities include providing assistance for the planning of several developmental projects, coordination of professional IT trainings and conducting entrepreneurial and innovation activities. As part of PIA’s mandate to implement the project, the World Bank allocated a budget for building the capacity of the ministry staff at the center in areas including project management, technical, procurement, administrative and operational areas to be able to better support the project. The capacity building of the center will be essential to project sustainability and long-term success. Thus, there exists a need for a resident technical consultant at the center to work closely with the ministry on the different aspects of the TechStart components and to coordinate the implementation of activities at the center.
Scope of work:
DAI is seeking to hire a technical consultant to support the implementation of TechStart activities at the national center for technological innovation & creativity at MTIT. The national center continues to work towards developing the local digital and information society and utilizes emerging technologies to achieve a thriving digital economy through a series of awareness raising, capacity building and talent nurturing activities and initiatives using established standards and best practices.
The Consultant will be assigned tasks in the center that will include assisting in implementation of the activities, preparing project materials and documents and other related tasks. The Consultant will work closely with the center head and employees to implement project related activities, along with monitoring and follow-up actions.
- Technical assistance in drafting policies, work plans and work procedures
- Coordinate and help in managing the project relationship with other partners
- Follow up on activities, programs and initiatives managed by the center
- Assist in writing technical and administrative reports for the current projects.
- Assist in desk research and preparation of concept papers of relevant topics and programs.
- Assist in setting indicators, KPIs and benchmarks for activities and set clear ways of measurement.
- Assist in needs assessments for activities, projects and initiatives
- Assist in drafting and following up on MOUs, agreements and partnerships
- Coordinate with other actors in the innovation ecosystems (like incubators, accelerators, techno parks and other supporting institutions)
- Participate in programs and activities run (or attended) by the center
- Follow up and assist in related administrative issues between the Center and other entities of the government
- Assist in outreach and awareness activities to promote the services of the center
- Assist in the development of systems for task management, monitoring and evaluation
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- MIS degree, Computer Science / STEMP or business administration or related subjects.
- Good knowledge of the ICT sector and related technologies
- Good knowledge of the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Very good communications skills in English and Arabic
- Good management, organizational skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical writing skills and standard office applications knowledge
- Self-learner with good work ethic
Duration and Type of Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year on a full-time basis, extendable based on the available funding and satisfactory performance.
Reporting and support
- The Project Development Consultant will report directly to TechStart Project Director
- Work closely with other designated stakeholders from the Tech Start project
In order to evaluate the most suitable candidate on the same evaluation basis, the selection will be based on the following criteria that should be demonstrated in the CV:
- a) General qualifications (studies).
- b) Adequacy for the Assignment.
- c) Relevant experience.
المسمى الوظيفي Resident Technical Consultant
آخر موعد للتقديم 07 - Sep - 2022
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف تكنولوجيا المعلومات
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below
No later than: September 7th ,2022
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة DAI
رام الله والبيرة
Gaza Environmental Specialist
رام الله والبيرة
Senior HR Associate
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة