Innovative Private Sector Development (IPSD) Project
IPSD is a Palestinian Ministry of National Economy (MoNE) Project, funded by the World Bank and implemented by DAI.
IPSD is a US$13 million project with the objective of improving economic opportunities for individuals and firms in the West Bank and Gaza. It also falls under the World Bank’s overarching objective to alleviate market failures related to gaps and binding constraints in the entrepreneurship ecosystem of the digital economy including in human capital, financing, product markets, enabling policies, institutional support, and connectivity.
IPSD is looking for candidates to fill the position of Resident Technical Advisor within the Ministry of National Economy.
The Resident Technical Advisor will be physically located in MoNE to support the implementation of the envisaged reforms (including through working with other international/local consultants hired under the IPSD Project) but will be working and reporting directly to the IPSD Project Director. This includes providing technical assistance to MoNE, in various areas, in particular but not limited to:
- Provide support for the implementation of IPSD Subcomponents: - Implementing a new automated company registration’ system and developing a Home-Based Businesses Framework.
- Conduct specialized technical and strategic diagnostic reviews; provide technical advice, training, and preparation of technical manuals; and support to the planning of MoNE-related organizational reforms.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance to MoNE relevant departments in the reform process.
- Ensure proper knowledge transfer and capacity building to MoNE relevant departments.
- Support process coordination between MoNE and PIA.
- Alongside the Subcomponent Managers and in conjunction with the Project Director, identify, manage and quality assure opportunities to engage consultants in technical assistance assignments to deliver specific activities, ensuring these are aligned with the agreed annual workplan.
- Work with other IPSD Project consultants, as necessary, in order to successfully implement the business registration and home-based businesses subcomponents.
- Support the Managers of Subcomponents in the preparation of the necessary action plans to support the implementation process of project activities.
- Act as focal point for IPSDP in relationship with MoNE.
- In close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, monitor the effectiveness of the project’s, activities and support to MoNE, and make recommendations for project improvements and adaptations, and document and incorporate lessons learned.
- Coordinating MoNE approvals of reports delivered by DAI under IPSD project.
- Reporting on a regular basis to the Project Director.
- Produce and/or contribute to project documents, workplans and other reports as necessary.
- With the other team members, nurture and maintain team spirit and a collegial working environment that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship.
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience
- Graduate university degree (or relevant qualifications) with minimum of 10-year relevant experience on business environment/company registration/ business processes simplification reforms
- Proven track record and practical experience in reforming/implementing company registration reforms, including registry automation
- Relevant IT systems knowledge
- Familiarity with international best practices in company registration
- Familiarity with business processes simplification, including reforming related IT systems
- Ability to provide technical assistance and advice to support MoNE efforts in having a modern company registration system
- Capacity in designing and conducting training courses and workshops
- Full proficiency in English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A charismatic change agent - with extensive experience in context specific - practical techniques for change management
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a team and maintain effective and cooperative relations with all stakeholders
The post holder will report to the Project Director.
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter and a CV to the following e-mail address: [email protected], no later than 08-Jan-2020