On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
The Palestinian Working Women’s Society for Development aims for a free and democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, respect for human rights and social justice. PWWSD promotes women self-empowerment, women’s participation in the struggle against the Israeli occupation, women’s contribution to the development processes, the entitlement of woman to political, economic and civic rights, women’s access to justice and their right to a life free of violence.
PWWSD seeks a qualified full-time researcher or researching team for the "Digital Solutions for Women's Political Empowerment and Leadership" project.
Brief description of the project:
- Research and data collection on women's political rights, female leadership, digital literacy, usage patterns.
- Design and development of a digital solution that aims to advance women’s political rights, representation and leadership.
- Outreach event for developed digital solutions.
- Leadership forum for female leaders on politics and human rights through digital solutions and technology.
- Reciprocal mentoring program.
- Advocacy campaign.
- a) Elected Female Council Members
- b) Potential Candidates for municipal elections (senior female leaders at the local level, female activists and community leaders in the Palestinian territories)
- c) Men and General public
- d) Decision Makers
- Women and men across Palestine are more aware of women political rights and representation in Palestine, and acknowledge the female political leaders at the local level.
- Palestinian female leaders have been organized and have created networks for advancing their political and women’s rights agenda through digital solutions.
- The visibility and positive attitude towards women's rights and leadership has increased through the launching of a digital advocacy and outreach campaign, pleading for a socio-political change in Palestine.
Scope of Work
PWWSD seeks to assign a researcher or research team in order to perform data and information collection and processing on women's political rights, female leadership and electoral procedures in Palestine (West Bank and Gaza). The research materials delivered will constitute the content, core and essence of the developed digital solutions.
The consultant/consultant team will perform a comprehensive research, gathering data and information (fieldwork and secondary sources) on (but not limited to):
Women political rights and representation;
- Step-by-step procedures and technicalities to run for elections to local councils in Palestine;
- Aspects of digital access, digital literacy and usage patterns of target users in the West Bank and Gaza, in order to assess the users’ preferences and resources, and find ways to fill the digital gaps (research in cooperation with a dedicated consultant for Digital Solution Design and Development Services).
Hence, the tasks of the assignment are:
- Desk review;
- Data collection through field research, secondary sources, and others, as relevant;
- Compilation of materials;
- Selection of materials;
- Writing of content for the digital solutions based on the research materials, formulated into a simple and accessible manner;
- Translation as required.
- Collection of quantitative and qualitative data, through fieldwork, secondary sources and others, as relevant;
- Collection of video, image and audiovisual material;
- Coordination meetings with PWWSD project management team;
- Coordination meetings with Ministries (i.e. Ministry of Local Governance), authorities and institutions relevant to the research topic;
- Coordination with digital solution designer to ensure the accessible and feasible integration of the gathered information into the digital solutions;
- Inclusion of the digital solution designer in the meetings and focus groups with the target group, to guarantee the developed digital solutions will be needs-based and user-friendly;
- Consultation, interviews and meetings with relevant stakeholders, as (but not limited to): female and male leaders, representatives, and officials;
- Participatory-approach: working with the communities for assessing needs, preferences;
- Gender-sensitive approach;
- Human rights-based approach.
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Submit a work plan within 10-days of the beginning of the service, featuring timeframe, methodology and workload distribution for the research;
- Submit progress report within 30-days of the research services, briefly describing the advances and status of the services;
- Submit final research materials within 60-days of the signing of service contract:
- Written materials: structured and organized into one document, ready to be included in the digital solutions – soft copy and hard copy, in Arabic and English;
- Audiovisual materials: selected photographs and videos;
- Relevant raw materials: to be delivered digitally, on a pen drive.
- Submit a final report within 30-days after the submission of the final research materials, detailing research methodology and process, achievements, setbacks, recommendations.
The maximum duration for the research services is of 2-months from signing the consultancy contract, with further availability until the end of the project (May 2019), for potential adjustments and modifications.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master's degree in social sciences, gender studies or related fields.
- Minimum 5-years experience in research services provision.
- Track record in gender and development work.
- Knowledge of local government sector in Palestine.
- Experience in political participation and/or gender related political issues / local governance.
- Understanding of national and international policy frameworks on gender equality and women's rights, including understanding of the social, cultural, and political context of Palestine and its relation to gender issues.
- Experience on participatory-approach and sensitivity when addressing community members, authorities and organizations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and cooperative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Proficiency in speaking and writing Arabic and English.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel and Word.
- Excellent writing skills to deliver content to target audience in informative and accurate, yet simple and practical manner.
- Willingness and availability to travel across the Palestinian territories.
Interested applicants are required to send:
- Technical proposal (2-pages max.): including work plan, methodology and timeframe for the research services.
- Financial offer: budget breakdown of the total cost of the service provision (in Euros).
- CV of the researcher/research team members.