Background of REFORM:
The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development – REFORM is a Palestinian NGO that seeks to promote inclusion and social solidarity in Palestine through empowering marginalized and hard-to-reach groups to effectively participate in social and political spheres. REFORM aims to improve the responsiveness of general systems to the needs of Palestinian citizens to promote good governance as well as to consolidate the principles of civil peace and social cohesion within the rule of law. Moreover, REFORM is working towards promoting the participation of youth and women in local development efforts within their communities, strengthening their capabilities, enhancing community activism and facilitating equal access to public utilities and resources.
In this regard, REFORM seeks contract with a competent Researcher Advisor to support REFORM and its beneficiaries in carrying out action researches, preparing and writing various social and political publications, as well as coaching in monitoring processes. The aim of these research publications is to provide a reliable database for political and administrative decision-makers in Palestine as well as to increase access of the public to information.
The assignment includes the following tasks:
- Overseeing the implementation, following up and coordinating with researchers and beneficiaries, and finalizing all research publications of the Association (mentioned below).
- Implement up to 4 training/coaching workshops for different groups to analyze the strategic plans for Tulkarem and Qalqilya governorates.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions with participants in different districts, as needed, to carry out effective needs assessments and come up with recommendations. This may be done in person or online (group video chat).
- Following needs assessments, coach and assist the participants to develop up to 5 position papers, approximately 2000-3000 words each.
- Prepare an undefined number of policy papers, of 2000-3000 words each, during the contract period.
- Lead in preparing and writing observatory monitoring reports during the contract period.
- Design and lead public opinion surveys.
- Prepare/define the terms of references for three civil peace action researches and participate in price analysis sessions.
- Coordinate with contracted action researches to ensure drafts fully reflect the goals of the Association.
- Review and finalize monitoring reports and action research booklet, including any charts/data tables, before final publication.
- Prepare notes during REFORM Civil Peace Conference and write the Final Statement.
- Lead quality control revision of all REFORM’s publications in 2020.
Reporting and follow up requirements:
The research advisor will work mainly in Ramallah, other districts as needed and will report to REFORM Head of Operations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Masters’ degree in Political Science, Media, Social Studies, Law, or any related field in Human Sciences.
- Experience of at least 5 years in leading trainings.
- Documented experience of monitoring methodologies and preparing position papers.
- At least 7 years of consecutive experience in researches.
- 3 years of experience in preparing policy papers, position papers and applied political researches.
- Outstanding awareness (preferably documented), of the Palestinian social and political context.
- Deep knowledge of civic education, social participation and civil peace.
- Advanced communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced Knowledge in designing TORs for action researches.
- Strong and interactive facilitation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, networking and planning skills.
- Advanced capabilities in working within a team.
- Openness to different ways of working.
Qualified candidates should send the following to the following email addresses: [email protected]
- Resume in English that reflects the needed background. (Resumes with a personal picture or any distinctive sign will not be considered).
- Price offer in ILS per day (each day is 8 working hours), taking into consideration that you will be working during your contract up to 480 hours.
REFORM is not obliged to choose the lowest price.
- Individuals can submit a valid deduction on source certificate or else 5% the total payment will be deducted as income tax.
- CVs with photos or any other distinctive signs will not be considered.
- Please indicate the position title as "Research Advisor" in the email subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Announcement fees for the quotation will be paid by the bid winning company.
REFORM is an equal opportunity employer.
- This assignment will not be office based assignement however the applicant should be available for consultation meetings, reflection sessions, evaluation and planing sessions upon request.
- Deliveries will be the base for judging the effort.
- REFORM may refuse unsatisfactory deliveries on a solo basis.
Deadline for submitting applications is: Wednesday, 25.03.2020.
We will be evaluating each applicant based on the following weights: