An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Registered Nurse - Pediatric
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Pediatric Registered Nurse systematically and continuously collects and assesses data in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to provide therapeutic care to the patient and/or family. He/she performs all required elements of a nursing assessment including but not limited to discussing a child's symptoms and medical history, providing initial care, administering prescribed medication, and monitoring the patient's progress. The pediatric registered nurse will also provide support to families and work with them to address their concerns, fears, problems, and options. Pediatric registered nurses provide care for primarily pediatric patients, they coordinate healthcare plans with medical professionals, administer medications, and educate patients and families on surgical and medical procedures. Must be organized, able to follow directions and take initiative, and must be dependable, prompt, and accountable. Providing excellence in patient care, accurate administration and documentation is essential. Display a positive attitude, and be professional and compassionate.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements safe, competent, and efficient patient care within policies, procedures, standards, and interventions as noted in the multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans in consultation with healthcare professionals.
- Provide technical assistance directly to physicians, assisting them during exams, diagnostic testing, and treatments.
- Prepares administers stores and records prescribed medications as per policy.
- Record all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, on time.
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team.
- Initiate corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Initiate patient and family education plans as per policies.
- Maintain proper supplies and appropriate medical equipment to care for patients.
- Exhibit teamwork by collaborating with individuals and groups to establish and attain common goals.
- Accurately follows established infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment as needed, as well as interpreting and recording measurements.
- Set priorities adapting to changing patient and unit situations.
- Maintain nursing code of ethics and demonstrate positive professional attitude toward job for patient/visitor.
- Demonstrate confidence and competence in all hospital policies and guidelines.
- Participate and support performance improvement and initiate activities.
- Assure that appropriate quality monitoring occurs in the unit and those findings are used to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying and taking charge of new tasks; willingness to perform unassigned tasks when needed.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate child care.
- Evaluating children for signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Serves as a child advocate with social workers.
- Providing supportive care to dying children.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping families to deal with their child's illness or injury.
- Demonstrate knowledge of research findings related to clinical specialty.
- Complete assigned continuing education activities on time.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting or delegation.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Post graduate education in nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of (2) two years of experience.
- Palestinian RN Licenses is required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification is required
- Emotional and mental strength, dedication, and self-motivation.
- Empathy and the ability to relate to children.
- Ability to remain clear-headed and calm in a high-stress and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Computer skills in word processing, database management, and spreadsheet desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others professionally.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Time management.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a written Nursing exam and/or demonstrate competency in Nursing services through a supervised hands-on competency check.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 21 August, 2022