An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Registered Nurse - Emergency
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Emergency Registered Nurse is an active member of the multidisciplinary team and collaborates in the development, execution, and evaluation of the multidisciplinary plan of care or critical pathway. Registered Nurse considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering care. Nurses’ decisions and actions with patients and families are determined ethically. ER Registered Nurses provide care for patients with various types of illness or trauma requiring emergency attention and must be able to recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions. Some of the duties they might perform include cleaning and dressing wounds, inserting intravenous lines, drawing blood, and administering medications.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clinical case management includes patient assessment, data analysis, care plan implementation, modification, and coordination with a multidisciplinary team. Incorporate appropriate standards of care, practice, and patient outcomes.
- Being ready to respond and equipped to deal with a medical emergency. Quickly assessing patient needs.
- Provides technical assistance directly to physicians, assisting them during diagnostic testing, and treatments.
- Prepares administers stores and records prescribed medications as per policy.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, including patient notes and discharge documents.
- Incorporates discharge care planning into the multidisciplinary plan of care on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Initiate patient and family education plan as per policy.
- Maintains proper supplies and appropriate medical equipment for the unit.
- Performs triage, while considering both physical and psychosocial elements.
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocols.
- Reports any suspected abuse to the appropriate authorities.
- Accurately follows established infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain nursing code of ethics and demonstrate positive professional attitude toward job for patient/visitor.
- Exhibit teamwork by collaborating with individuals and groups to establish and attain common goals.
- Demonstrate confidence and competence in all hospital policies and guidelines.
- Participate and support performance improvement and initiate activities.
- Assure that appropriate quality monitoring occurs in the unit and those findings are used to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of research findings related to clinical specialty.
- Complete assigned continuing education activities on time.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting or delegation.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Post graduate education in nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of (2) two years of experience.
- Palestinian RN Licenses is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification is required.
- Crisis Intervention certification is preferred.
- Applicable clinical certification and ATLS is preferred.
- Ability to remain clear-headed and calm in a high-stress and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Computer skills in word processing, and spreadsheet desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others professionally.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Time management.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a written Nursing exam and/or demonstrate competency in Nursing services through a supervised hands-on competency check.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 21 August, 2022